[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to make a great first impression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1480979961259.png (368KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480979961259.png
368KB, 624x480px
How do I learn to make a great first impression?
>>
>>1654384

read a book
>>
>>1654410
but i already am
>>
>>1654384
Smell and Look good. Maintain eye-contact and keep your "energy" pointing towards them. Compliment them on something early on: maybe they made a clever quip, maybe their jacket has a nice pattern, or maybe they have an "interesting profession" but don't make a big "gee wizz" deal about it.
Oh, and open up, be slightly candid, or at least pretend you are.
>>
make sure people aren't spreading lies about you
>>
be connected, this will help you avoid

>>1654541
>>
>>1654421
>Maintain eye-contact
What if whenever I make eye contact with anyone they look away? I've heard that direct eye contact makes you look confrontational and threatening, so I always avoid looking people in the eyes. If I try to look them in the eye, they look away.
>>
>>1654550
thats cos you're autistic af and its too awkward for them to maintain eye contact
>>
>>1654555
this.
autistic people either make 0 eye contact or way too much.

takes practice to get it right. Just copy the other person's eye contact. Stare deeply into their eyes for a few beats and then glance away while you think of something. With enough practice you won't look like a robot doing it.
>>
File: jack-nicholson.jpg (107KB, 1600x1078px) Image search: [Google]
jack-nicholson.jpg
107KB, 1600x1078px
>>1654550
>What if whenever I make eye contact with anyone they look away?
I've never ever heard of that. What are you doing, starring out and people across the room from underneath your brows with your lower teeth bared like a famished wolf?

Serious question: is your body turned in their direction when you make eye contact. That's a big part of what I mean when I say point your energy towards them.

>I've heard that direct eye contact makes you look confrontational and threatening,
Pretty sure that's advise for dealing with animals, not people.

>>1654558
>Just copy the other person's eye contact.
This is good advice.
>>
>>1654550
Generally you don't maintain eye contact entirely. You will look away or to the side briefly every few seconds. This is normal and natural, never breaking eye contact is unnatural and will seem weird to the other person. However if you look away constantly and rarely make eye contact they will think you're either extremely nervous or lying.
>>
>>1654592
>is your body turned in their direction when you make eye contact. That's a big part of what I mean when I say point your energy towards them.
Yes.
>>1654600
How many seconds should I look into their eyes before looking away and how many seconds should I look away for?
>>
>>1654612
>How many seconds should I look into their eyes before looking away and how many seconds should I look away for?
There is no rule. It's all about reciprocity.
>>
File: 15237878.png (260KB, 461x357px) Image search: [Google]
15237878.png
260KB, 461x357px
relax your anus
>>
Have a firm handshake. Nobody wants to shake hands with a dead fish. Try to use their name in conversation within the first 5-10 minutes. 'Ted, what do you think of some bullshit?' It will help you remember their name and make them feel like their opinion is important to you. Eye contact when you're introduced but don't overdue it. A quick glance is enough.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.