[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the most lucrative way to use a Computer Science degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tax-nerd.jpg (2MB, 2500x2006px) Image search: [Google]
tax-nerd.jpg
2MB, 2500x2006px
What the most lucrative way to use a Computer Science degree?

>inb4 retail
>>
>>1653801

by being yourself and not a tool
>>
>>1653801
Buy kneepads, fellate, repeat
>>
>>1653801

Solo operated company that sells a piece of infinite dollar software to every person on earth, infinity times.

Oh, you really wanted "most practical way to make X amount of money after Y time with a CS degree",

>X = 100 dollars
Work 3 hours as a fulltime employee, or code up a micro-solution for a service.

>X = 1000 dollars
Work 30 hours, make something J people will pay K for in L time where 1000 = J*K / L

>X = 10000
Work for about 8 weeks full time, or do JKL=10,000, or join a startup where someone is attempting a JKL

X=100k
Work between one and two years full time, or JKL, or join a startup

X=1M

Work between 10 and 15 years without investment, assuming raises and less time enabled by compound interest, JKL, join a startup that is quite successful JKLing and is bought out or IPOs and cash out your shares

X=10M

Work 50-60 years with interest or JKL or join a startup that makes more money than god, IPOs, sell shares.

X = 100M

JKL like a god and sell out while maintaining a majority stake

X = 1b

Invent a new paradigm in which to JKL that has not successfully been breached at the world scale you intend to have and stay CEO while slowly selling off your share
>>
Be a wagecuck for decent money.
At least untill everyone else will learn to code
>>
>>1653801

First you need to realize that you're not a genius programmer and that any type of programming (actually good programming) requires working together with people. Most of any job is just going to be blending in and being nice, as much as I know the "actually really high IQ so you shouldn't disagree with me" types probably don't agree. If you make yourself hard to get along with your boss won't want to promote you, you won't have any leadership skills and eventually you'll get pushed out for an Indian coder because it's about the same level of charisma for 1/4 the price.

Just learn to be nice without blowing people. Network and ask around for good positions. Make a good impression and show people a commitment to getting things done (don't work all the time or be a push-over, but definitely make an attempt) Lots of people think they can work all the time and solve problems by throwing man-hours at them, but you can accomplish the same amount by working smart and trying to delegate responsibilities when possible. If anyone higher up than you sees you taking charge of situations and looking after your co-workers, you will get a position like project manager or team lead, which is where the money is.

Anyone can code. You're not smart. You're not special. Don't forget that and stick to ideas.
>>
>>1653822
>fellate as a verb
>>
>>1653961
>English as a second language
>>
>>1653961
Fellate is a verb you fucking pajeet.
>>
File: kek.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1653801
>2016
>Still believing the meme: Everyone can code i easy AF
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.