[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ticket Re-Selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 69kzdk.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
69kzdk.gif
892KB, 320x240px
Why is nobody talking about this.

Normies will pay so much money to see their favourite stars on the big stage.
It's legal (for gigs/concerts) where I live.
Mark-up for popular events are 100% minimum.

Discuss
>>
10% ROI in a year.

100% in 2 months..

Lads c'mon
>>
>>1652049
Anon. You know full well /biz/ doesn't like anything that involves fronting capital and lacks the social connections to actual sell. They're a bunch of cheapskate NEETs

Having said that, you do sound like you're onto something. The real question is, where do you sell? Or more importantly how/where do you advertise? Each concert will be different, so getting the word out there that you've got a few tickets going requires a lot of adapting and maneuvering.
>>
Doing a scummy thing like that is below me.

Id rather be poor desu.

Let actual fans pay the fair price. You're note making money by adding value top society, you're just pissing people off.
>>
>>1651999
Have better ways to make money legally. No thanks.

Plus.
>having to deal with millenials all day
>>
>>1651999
A lot of guys sell a lot of fake tickets, most people have tickets walking up, people automate the buying and reselling of tickets online.
>>
>>1651999
This is a solid idea, but the issue is getting the tickets. Assuming you're only going for big name concerts that are guaranteed to sell out than you're best bet is to sell tickets on stubhub. The only problem is getting the tickets is a challenge as they sell out immediately. There are presales available if you're a meet certain criteria; you're part of the fan club, Amex card holder, sirius subscriber, shit like that. Aside from that you have to compete with ticket buying bots- look them up if you're going to go all in.
Another issue is you are most likely going to have to wait four to five months for a return once you buy the tickets.
If you really want to do the whole buy and resell for a crazy markup you should look into sneakers. Nike, supreme, yeezy, bape all will usually sell for a 50 percent markup and the turn around time is under a week. But they sell out in under 5 seconds and you have to compete with bots again.
All things considered it is not a bad idea,but it's not as easy to break into as it may seem.
>>
I did this for a year and posted my results on /biz/. After all was said and done, and counting my rewards points for buying everything on my credit card, I made about 7% return.

The issue is that you can't be entirely sure which shows will sell out. So just like trading, you'll miss. The other factors that lock you out on a small scale is how much stubhub charges on your sale.
You could try to resell on facebook and craigslist, but then you are spending hours a day haggling over $15. That is stressful.

It is great if you can do it in scale, which usually involves season tickets to a sports team and then the presale bonuses to that arena.

If you are interested in this type of thing, my trade history is below. This is how I kept track of all of my tickets throughout the year.

I basically spent $14,000 and made back about $15,000 if I include the shows I went to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fpBjAsJfYrfpVA3m498KQP74nAZ5CQDGrCEoqcOPF1Q/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>1652489
They're not paying for the tickets they're paying for the convenience of a late purchase
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.