[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fliping shit on craigslist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1479605783809.jpg (36KB, 394x395px) Image search: [Google]
1479605783809.jpg
36KB, 394x395px
I have a few freind who started out doing this and now they won a trucking company. problem is they were fliping cars I dont have the space and I know jack shit about cars. I just want enough money to start some actual investments. im pretty mechanicaly minded and am good with electronics, so i have an edge there. I was thinking appliences or small engines like lawnmowers or mopeds. thoughts?
>>
My Grandpa started doing this when he retired. It requires a skill. You aren't going to make money by just having capital to buy good things and resell them.

He will buy anything broken that has a motor. A lawn mower, weed eater, motorcycle, car, etc. He's even flipped an airplane. I bought a motorcycle that didn't run from an auction for $1. All he did was clean out the carb and the gas tank was filled with water from sitting outside in the rain with no gas cap. Ended up selling it for $4,800 after putting $300 and labor into it.

Fixing cars isn't hard. Just read an owner's manual and watch some YouTube videos. It's like legos for men. If you can put a PC together, you can work on the car. The skills/experience comes in when you need to determine what's wrong. Some people can just listen to an engine and tell. Other's need those electronic devices that plugs in and gives them a code on what's wrong.

Perhaps go to a tech school for automotive maintenance. Then work and save capital.

It's hard work and you will make losses though. Not something that you really do for the money, but the passion. He's retired so doesn't care if he loses money or has 6 cars in his driveway.
>>
>>1652002
mopeds seem like they would be good returns and quick turn around. can buy em broken for $50-$75 and worst case senario(blown motor) its an easy $150 fix. selling price would be around $300 - $400. problem is I dont live in a city and I dont see too many mopeds around. ive made money in the past garbage picking for appliences and electronics, but thats very hit and miss and I dont see how I could make a profit if I were buying them off craigslist.
>>
>>1651988
if you buy a fucked up car the loss will be huge. Try buying cars with the help of a mechanic.
>>
>i dont have a talent or opportunity for this but i want to be paid for it snyway
Fuck off
>>
Used to make decent money selling phones and computers on craigslist. Now its become kind of a saturated market but it was great while it lasted.
>>
>>1653315
The best cars are always at auction where you need a dealers license to attend.

Also need to check state laws about how many cars you can sell before you need a dealers license and need to pay taxes, my state its 3 a year.

Other options are appliances. Get an old truck and drive around and find old washers and dryers, fridges and microwaves and shit that work. People are always looking for a 20 dollar microwave. Check dorms and local college campuses and shit. If you can fix em and offer a delivery service even better.

Another option is to find old junk like mac books that people have fucked up and check the parts and sell them to a retailer, or ebay or some shit.

Cars are pretty risky if you don't know shit, something that might just be a simple fix could end up being a costly fix. Your best bet is to constantly refresh the add and look for old granny and grandpa cars like saturns for 500, and flip em for 1600-2000. If you can find a few over the summer and hold onto them around tax season used cars go for a little bit more, and people have money from taxes and the holidays and need a whip to drive for the rest of the year or a beater car.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.