[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some biz advice. What would be most valuable to the job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1477296131905.jpg (150KB, 1080x927px) Image search: [Google]
1477296131905.jpg
150KB, 1080x927px
Need some biz advice. What would be most valuable to the job market?

I'm 18 and have 2 years of college free (UK). I'm considering 4 paths to follow in november 2017.

>do the 2 years of college. Get my A levels and at 20, join the US marines (infantry, don't argue just want to do inf) (I'm a us citizen)

>Join the US marines (infantry) and save up, then travel for a year as cheap as possible. Use GI bill, get a degree. Get a job while in college in america and live frugally. Save up and start businesses until one works. Get a english teaching qualification and teach english in asia for a few years. While starting a business. I don't want to be a wagecuck in the sense that I don't want an office job but one where I can do what I want. As in, I do what I love and not living paycheck to paycheck.

>go to college(uk), learn a trade and work for 2 years, join us marines for 4 years, get out, travel for 1 year. GI bill, start businesses.

>go abroad immediately. Wwoofing or workaway. Just volunteer abroad in exchange for food and shelter. I'll have no qualifications except GCSEs and a level 1 mechanics. After 3-6 months of that then go the US and enlist in the marines for 4 years.

No idea what to do. Which is the best route to becoming financially independant? I'm going to teach myself android app development and building websites in the mean time. Probably get a job as a mechanic in a month or so.
>>
There's clearly a lot of paths you can take. There's a lot I could say, but let me only comment on the thing I'm most qualified to answer.

>Get a english teaching qualification and teach english in asia for a few years.

This is an enormous waste of time, and if you're as smart as you sound you will not be happy making so little, having no time for language training, and being around burnout expats. I do know ONE guy who followed us America/Vietnamese girlfriend to Vietnam, taught, and had a blast. The rest were sexpats and people "finding themselves."

I would recommend studying abroad in Asia if you wanted to live over there. I did so in Taiwan and not only brushed up on my language skills but also made great acquaintances, and have "international experience" so to speak. The school helps a lot with the transition.

Last thing, you can negotiate what gets put into your enlistment contract in terms of stationing and traveling.
>>
>>1651798
Well I do want to live in japan for a few years. I don't want to teach but Idk if I can use GI bill abroad.Not tokyo, but someone where cheap and maybe fish or someshit. I'm just tired of the sameplace and people I've been with for 18 years.
>>
>>1651770
Join the corps son.
Then go to college after for free
>>
>>1651770
who is this boner donor
>>
>>1651894
https://www.instagram.com/rebecca_holly_/
>>
File: 1474530731851.png (226KB, 591x460px) Image search: [Google]
1474530731851.png
226KB, 591x460px
>>1651770
Why do you want to join the Marines aii bad. And are you a permanent resident or US citizen? Because joining as a foreigner is fucking difficult.
>>
>>1651770
considering how much you want to do the second, just do that.
and don't assume you know what you 'll want to do 3 years from now. your perspective will change and eventually you won't even recognize the personnes you've become
>>
>>1651770
w2c qt ass grill with that dweebie hairdo?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.