[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accounting add-ons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: evis9wm.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
evis9wm.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
What non-work/free time stuff can you do to boost an accounting career?

Let's say you want to work in economics. In that case you can, aside from working in the field, do things like participate in political organizations, write blogs and articles on economic matters, participate in investment clubs, etc to build your personal brand as an economist. I know a guy who was a member of a political right-wing party, and he was able to get in touch with a think tank where he got to do economic work. He made quite a name for himself.

If you want to work in medicine you can do humanitarian work, help sick kids and so on.

If you want to work in programming you can write scripts for almost anything and build a portfolio of projects before you even start college.

If you want to work in environmental science, energy science, etc. you can join Greenpeace or whatever and ascend to some position of importance.

The list goes on, but what the fuck do you do if you want to make a name for yourself in accounting? Basically, how do you build your personal brand in accounting, if you want to do stuff outside your job?
>>
Oh come on, I know you people should have some clue about this
>>
>>1651686
read some books

>accounting made simple by Mike Piper
>simple numbers, straight talk, big profits by Greg Crabtree
>how to read a financial report by John Tracy

only to name a few
>>
>>1651951
What? I'm not talking about how to get better at accounting, I' talking about how to build your personal brand in the accounting sector
>>
>>1651986
are you in or out of college? do you plan on becoming a CPA?
>>
Be good enough as an accountant and be likable enough as a human being and get promoted.

I major in accounting and I wouldn't work as an accountant. Forget that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.