[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Begginnings of investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1475065349080.jpg (89KB, 386x661px) Image search: [Google]
1475065349080.jpg
89KB, 386x661px
Hello.

I have recently read Intelligent Investor by Graham and some other books like Kiyosakis Rich Dad Poor Dad or The Idiot by Dostoyewski (and a few more from Annual /biz/ lit.).

I want to start INVESTING.

I have now broker account in ING bank and I can buy polish stock market stocks and few investing funds which are shit in general I think.

I can start buying ING BSK index fund S&P500 without dividents (reinvested). But... Here is the problem.

The taxation is: 5% for everything bought (like I buy something for 1000 I pay 50, I buy 100 and pay 5.). The second tax is 1,9% a year from capital (tax for administrating this account). As far as I know no more taxes for that that I know about.

Is that high tax? Everything that? Assuming I would be buying every month a share for $20-30. Is ING BSK index S7P 500 even worth trying? I do not have so much knowledge to pick single stocks and buy.

Please, help a newfriend.

>pic related, me now
>>
>>1651546
>5% tax on anything bought
>1.9% tax on capital (?)
>1% to broker fees
>1.6% gone due to inflation
>1.9% expense ratio on ETF (yikes)
I don't see any money here.
>>
>>1651584
Wrong? No fees like 1% and second 1,9%. Only 1,9% from whole amount a money on account a year but capitapized daily.

Why no money? SP500 is awesome according to Graham ans can give me 10-20%!

Maybe I translated somethinf wrong, I am from Poland and english is my second lang.
>>
>>1651604
I tried looking up ING BSK index fund, it says it has an expense ratio of 1.9%, that is the cost of tracking the S&P. Something like VOO in America has an expense ratio of 0.05%.

S&P500 is definitely good, but you should estimate 8% a year. This calculator automatically reinvests dividends, and using stock symbol SPY or VOO you can see the annualized return.

https://dividendchannel.com/drip-returns-calculator/

I say just come to America.
>>
>>1651546
>Assuming I would be buying every month a share for $20-30.
So, $360 a year max? Rather than putting that in stocks, put that towards some certification of something and get a better job.
>>
>>1651621
I am municipal police officer with full time state job, finished college, after 2 promotions and a raise I earn about $340-350 a month.

Good luck. It;s eastern europe here. There is no good job unless you have political connections or family connections. Enjoy.
>>
>>1651674
>I am municipal police officer with full time state job, finished college, after 2 promotions and a raise I earn about $340-350 a month.

You make $4,800 USD a year? Working a minimum wage job in the US 40 hours a week is $14,500 a year.
>>
>>1651730
Life in the non Western parts of Europe is much cheaper
>>
>>1651674
pretty sure homeless people here earn more by shaking their mcdonalds cup in the pedestrian zone. Do you have any skill that is valuable in the west? Do you have any connections to people that "can make stuff" happen ?
>>
>>1651730
But I live here, in poland, in a fucking joke.

Last year I had 1395 PLN a month. This year it is around 1520 PLN a month. So last year I had around $320, this year $350 a month. More or less. And remember that this is above minimum wage!!!

Btw. in poland we say that we got western prices but polish wages.

>>1651747
Maybe for someone who earns in EURO.

>>1651750
In poland basically it is possible too. I know that I may "earn" more by shaking a cup in a street 8h a day.

But... I want to work, to be better at anything I do. I am hard working type of a guy, I tend to perfection and want to be better and better. I would love to go to college now again to study for example. economics or IT but I simply can;'t afford it. So how can I get my qualifications?

Considering what is valuable in the west? If I would be given a chance to learn anything, I would. But here, it is just depressing how I cannot even learn things because lack of money.

The only thing I have is my willing to work, study, learn and work hard again. I know english and I was told that it's quite good - however, in my opinion it's decent cause it's not perfect (I tend to do everything perfect).

So, I know polish (native), english is communicitive fully. I have experience as a municipal police officer and some other jobs that don;t even count. I like to learn, I want to work and not sit on social welfare.

That's all.

Back in the topic - I saved about $1000 from last year because I live smart. I wanted to start investing, really. To learn the stock market, economics etc.

What do you really think about ING BSK S&P500? Or should I invest in polish stock market?
>>
>>1652792
You might try starting a business on the side. I know there's no amazon in Poland, but there's a lot of polish diaspora around the world - and them fuckers a patriotic as fuck. Why don't you look into starting a Fulfilment By Amazon Business in countries with a lot of poles selling them Poland memorabilia (scars and shirts and shit ...).
(I never looked into the details of fba, so I don't know if this is feasible at all)
well, just an idea.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.