[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

european treasuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: euro-falls.jpg (35KB, 445x300px) Image search: [Google]
euro-falls.jpg
35KB, 445x300px
hi /biz/,
/his/ here. im not really at home with economics, so here goes

i want to know about risks of buying european treasuries. if i were to buy a share of money market fund, comprised of portugese, italian and spanish t-bills, what would happen if euro goes the way of the dodo? if italy breaks with the euro and revives the lira, what would happen with their t-bills?

i have a share in the bond fund of a certain fund management company, where i can change my shares to whatever i want without paying any taxes, so i'm looking for a safe investment in the time of economic bubbles and falling bond funds.

for example, the composition of the said MM fund:
BKS BANK AG - DEPOSIT 19.65% PORTUGAL T-BILL 09/22/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 14.65% SPAIN T-BILL 02/17/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 11.27% PORTUGAL T-BILL 05/19/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 9.86% ITALY T-BILL 01/13/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 8.45% PORTUGAL T-BILL 07/21/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 7.04% ITALY T-BILL 05/12/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 5.64% SPAIN T-BILL 12/09/2016 - MON.MKT.INST. 5.63% MERCATOR COMMERCIAL PAPER 11/21/2016 - MON.MKT.INST. 3.54% MERCATOR COMMERCIAL PAPER 06/05/2017 - MON.MKT.INST. 1.95%

i'd be much happier if their t-bills were from the US, naturally.

are money market funds safe in every economic enviroment? even in a crisis?

Thank you very much
>>
>>1651296
>are money market funds safe
if you ask this, you have no idea of volatility.
>>
File: kd mm.png (10KB, 943x431px) Image search: [Google]
kd mm.png
10KB, 943x431px
>>1651838
that's why i'm here.

when i look at the chart, i see it's been quite stable during the 2008 crisis. it's been rising for the last 10 years.

are things that different now?
>>
>>1651984
op here btw
>>
>>1651996
THIS JUST IN--ITALY KILLED THE EURO

maybe, who knows. we might see big moves in markets tomorrow. hold on to your butts (or maybe not)
>>
>>1652097
came here to post this. I'm predicting that the people hyping gold/silver/bitcoin to the moon are going to be wrong as usual even if the markets begin to tumble.
>>
File: HAPPENING.png (127KB, 687x322px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.png
127KB, 687x322px
>>1651296
ITS OGRE
>>
>>1652213
What is your justification for this opinion?
>>
>>1652220
First of all they are always wrong about the hype, they use every event in the news to pump, and the world doesn't enter a new paradigm. It will eventually collapse but the shills track record of calling it is absolute trash. Second of all the Italian vote wasn't for leaving the EU but for constitutional reforms which will likely lead to a right wing party that will return Italy to the Lira. Also, remember after Brexit how the markets returned to where they were after less than a week? Yeah, not happening, yet.
>>
>>1651296
Be careful with them P.I.I.G.S. op.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.