[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Japan just print more money? This is not a shitpost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: japan-inflation-cpi.png (14KB, 730x340px) Image search: [Google]
japan-inflation-cpi.png
14KB, 730x340px
Why doesn't Japan just print more money?
This is not a shitpost
>>
>>1650872
Maybe they don't want their currency to inflate?
>>
Why dont governments just print more money and not tell people?
>>
>>1650888
But printing currency may provide a semi-predictable bump to inflation so that they can get out of their deflationary zone. Every country would rather have inflation than deflation.
>>
>>1650872
>>
>>1650872
Because that is vanilla compared to what they already did. BOJ assets equal 100% of GDP. The GPIF (i.e. social security) is 50% invested in equities.
>>
>not understanding the zero lower bound
>>
>>1650892
Inflation has the downside of making any current loans worth less, which makes people less interested in loaning money, which is a cornerstone of any economy.
>>
>>1650872
What precisely do you mean by "just print more money"? It could credibly be argued that what they've been doing is a form of printing money.

But the big problem is that they still haven't got widespread acceptance for the idea that the government never ever has to eliminate its debt.
>>
>>1651006
That effect's not significant. Banks can still lend profitably, and banks have no shortage of money to lend.
>>
>>1650872
Because the rich don't want that. Read Kalecki's The Political Aspects of Full Employment.
>>
>>1650872
They are trying they bought everything they can to print money but there wasnt enough liquidity in the market. The Japanese government bought up majority of bonds and stocks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.