[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing while in the military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7810.jpg (487KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7810.jpg
487KB, 1600x1600px
I'm currently in the Marine corps. I know it was a fucking awful decision. Right now I have about 600-800 extra dollars a month that are just going into a saving account, and I put 10% of my checks in a Roth TSP. What can I do with that money to invest and not just have it sitting around?
>>
>>1650454
Put the max into your TSP. Or do you like paying taxes on uour income and gains.
>>
put 100% of your disposabl income in roth tsp.
read rich dad poor dad, or a random walk down wall street.

get out of the military welfare queen
>>
File: military-welfare1.jpg (93KB, 553x700px) Image search: [Google]
military-welfare1.jpg
93KB, 553x700px
>>
>>1650454

cybersecurity

unrelated:
http://www.ruckpack.com/about-us
>>
>>1650458
This. When you get out your TSP can be rolled into a regular 401k. The military is okay only if you get a job that translates into a civilian career (virtually none of them especially in the USMC) or you stay in forever.

The longer you're in the less competitive you are in the civilian labor market.
>>
>>1650472
Cryptolinguist, basically doesn't exist in the civilian sector
>>
>>1650477
At least it's a smart guy job with a security clearance. Security clearances are valued by defense contractors and the sort. Something like fuel handler or infantry would be worse.
>>
>>1650485
Yeah but only thing I've learned in the marine corps is you don't want to work for the government if you want to make money
>>
>>1650464
There are over 100 million people on welfare in the US and only 1.4 million people serving in the military. And everyone in the military is a taxpayer

better than going to college and over-paying some smart ass professor, with an attitude while getting a rape whistle blown in your ear just for looking at some bitch.
>>
>>1650461
I'm a muhreen and pretty lazy with my finances (One of my navy fed cards has been frozen for months and I haven't fixed it). I've had 95% going into the roth tsp for two years just for the lulz.
>>
invest in bitcoin before it reach 1k
>>
>>1651030
facts
>>
>>1650454
If you don't own a home you might consider buying one and renting it out when you PCS. Obviously do your research with respect the the housing market in your area prior to purchasing. I did this at my last two duty stations. You can get a VA loan more than once up to a limit (around $500k). Low APR and next to no down payment. As a result, over the past 5 years I've built up around 70k equity in those properties I wouldn't have otherwise had.
>>
>>1651030
Do people in college not pay taxes? I must have missed the memo. Don't you have some buggery your missing in your bunk soldier?
>>
>>1651030
I'm in the military and it is really just workfare for retards that kept from getting a criminal record.

The whole military industrial complex including the standing military is a massive waste that could go to better things.
>>
>>1652178
Why not leave or go into an MOS you can take pride in? I'm guessing you're either < E4, in some logistic/admin field or both?
>>
>>1652178

Truth.

But to be fair the military is the biggest government welfare and worker training program in the country. For a lot of kids growing up in the ghettos it's the only way out to a better life.
>>
Stock market

>invest in a stock like FB or oil that will continue to grow
>>
As long as you keep sane and you're having fun, you can invest a fuckton. I used to save $500 a paycheck and blew the rest on booze, food, and concerts. I'm 3 years in and sitting at $40k. Not bad for a 21 year old sitting in the motor pool. Also since you're not dumb, look into CLEPs and DSSTs. You can get a underwater basket weaving degree with that shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.