[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anybody answer a hopefully quick excel question? Excel is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: excel is biz.png (27KB, 1043x1024px) Image search: [Google]
excel is biz.png
27KB, 1043x1024px
Can anybody answer a hopefully quick excel question? Excel is biz.

I have five standalone workbooks. I can update them individually with new data by saving over them.

Data from four workbooks all consolidates on the fifth workbook.

All five workbooks are linked together with a full filepath (X:/Folder1/Workbook1.xls) and saved on a flash drive.

When I plug that flash drive into any other PC, it assigns a new drive letter, breaking all of the links in the consolidation workbook.

I'd also like to be able to send this folder of workbooks to somebody else, yet the network of data sources is only connected if their drive letter (and parent folder(s)) are all identical.

Can I command the consolidation workbook to look at fellow workbooks within its immediate vicinity (its own folder) to make this folder (and excel system) portable?
>>
Jesus christ what a disaster of a post.

There's nothing worse than some retard trying to throw around technical terms they're totally clueless about.

Hey you stupid faggot, how about you just check the flux capacitor box?
>>
>>1649282

2/10, wouldn't do business with.
>>
>>1649250
I understand what you're asking but I'm not going to help you
>>
>>1649250

>>1649250

Why not have all the sheets in one workbook? Linking workbooks is always clumsy as fuck in Excel.
>>
>>1649331
correct
>>
Use the UNC file path and excel won't do this.

I had to do this when deploying an excel solution across our network.
>>
Have you tried vlookup?
>>
>>1649331

The main reason is the end-user, who has to update these workbooks.

Telling Pam in HR to (perfectly) copy columns B:L from one to another each time she wants an updated readout is a guaranteed trainwreck.

My employer doesn't have a sharepoint or centralized storage, so telling Pam to save over old workbooks saves me troubleshooting calls when she encounters a paste over merged cell error or she shifts a column.
>>
>>1649350

If you set up an index match or vlookup on B:L with the relevant filenames they should update when she has both sheets open. F9 to force recalculate if it doesn't.
>>
>>1649282
This.

All of this is a mess and VBA would make all this so much simpler

I can fix all that and make it more efficient (automated with a button click) if you're interested. but I'd charge you for it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.