[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can middle class now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1472872434315.jpg (198KB, 1280x824px) Image search: [Google]
1472872434315.jpg
198KB, 1280x824px
So, out of curiosity, I looked up median household income for my state (Oregon). Me and my g/f collectively make 67k per year, median household income is 54k. Does this mean we are considered middle class by Oregon standards? Is median income a good gauge of what is considered middle class in your state?
>>
File: 1472874103129.jpg (727KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472874103129.jpg
727KB, 1920x1080px
pls respond
>>
>>1647916

No.

Middle class is usually $120,000 and up.
>>
>two incomes combined
>still less than I made during my first internship

You're lower middle class. If you lived in a city you'd be lower class.
>>
>>1647916
middle class is not medium income shit is like a pyramid, very few on the top some more in the middle and most on the lower end.

middle class is the top 33% but not fall into the top 1-5%.
>>
Middle class is and always has been a poorly defined group. Decide what constitutes middle class for you, maybe something like a vacation a year, 4 beds, 2baths, a car for every driver and 2.5 kids. Or maybe something else. Just figure it and judge yourself
>>
I never understood why median income is treated like a significant number compared to, say, mean income which is probably far more representative of the general population.
>>
>Muh social class that has a different subjective meaning every 2 weeks.

Stop worrying about what class you're in. There are people living better off your income than people that make twice as a much. Its all about how well you budget. My grandparents made like 250k combined. They don't have shit for retirement and now live check to check off social security. Had so sell all their fancy boats and house.

Meanwhile my Grandmother on my dads side was a factory worker her entire life and retired with enough money to have been traveling to Florida Hawaii and NYC this year alone. She has a pension from one company. She has invested in stocks and bonds instead of just letting the money sit in a 401k or IRA like my grandparents did because they thought investing was a scam and always bought real estate that they never could manage because they were always going to Vegas and too cheap to hire property management. And she has social security checks. Plus all of her retirement savings which if I heard correctly eavesdropping from my dad on the phone is close to 1.5m.
>>
>>1648895
>mean income which is probably far more representative of the general population
There are people making 50M per year.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.