[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

college majors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg (95KB, 772x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg
95KB, 772x1000px
So I have been looking at potential college majors and I am not sure what to pick. My grades in High school were neither poor nor stellar... but never the less I am attempting to get a college major that is both in a safe job market and will pay well. I have looked into Actuarial Science as my first choice but I am not sure if its a good idea or if there are way better choices. I am not lazy and just trying to see answers, so I am trying to say I have looked a lot into well paying jobs and the degrees needed for them. TY for any help. I took both Macro and Micro in Highschool and loved them. I also like science and math. I was better at sciences like chem over my math classes. Sorry I am a newfag
>>
buy XDN
>>
Get a Finance degree. Then you can become a financial analyst. Depending on who you work for you can make a shit load.
>>
>>1647778
>Mediocre student, good at maths/sciences, likes chemistry

Let's keep things realistic. Don't go to university, instead go to a technical school/community college and learn to be a medical lab tech. It's a good middle class job and is in demand.
>>
Ok I am Mediocre relative to the rest of my friends, who all have 4.7 weighted gpa's my GPA is a 3.5 unweighted
>>
>>1647798
Ok I am Mediocre relative to the rest of my friends, who all have 4.0 unweighted gpa's my GPA is a 3.5 unweighted
>>
>>1647844
I stand by what I said. I didn't mean mediocre in a bad way, I'm just a big believer in vocational school and don't think people should go to university unless they really excel in something.
>>
did econ major. if I could do it again, I would have gone with finance. way more opportunities.

but my advice would be to try out every subject you're interested in while in school. sit in on classes, etc.

It seems like a pain in the ass to do, esp when you're just starting college, but it'll be worth it. good luck
>>
>>1647859
t. Blue collar wagie
>>
>>1648690
Being blue collar and middle class is better than being college-educated and working at Starbucks with a mountain of student debt. Boomer parents fucked up by convincing every Little Johnny and Sally Sue that they could be whatever they wanted to be.
>>
>try to do business and economics
>absolutely fail math and accounting
>get sad stop going to classes
>failing 3/5 classes
>considering transferring to junior college for horticulture

i just wanna buy land, make it pretty with trees and shit, and sell for muh profits
>>
Consider nursing. You;ll be employed for the rest of your life, and youll be paid nicely. And there is endless opportunities, you can go NICU, Med-Surg, ED, travel nursing, float, you name it.
>>
>>1648650
>>1647796
>tfw doing financing

But really though how good are my opportunities as a bachelor in Financing? I originally planned on going for a masters but if I can rock out with a bachelor I'm just going to settle with that.
>>
How good is electrical engineering? Is mechanical engineering viable?
>>
PhD chemistry nanotechnology here. Engineering is the way to go. Classic sciences leave you fucked. Everybody wants engineers. Bachelors in engineering gets paid same as PhD in science.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.