[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

financial freedom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: financial-freedom-steps[1].jpg (35KB, 615x450px) Image search: [Google]
financial-freedom-steps[1].jpg
35KB, 615x450px
For those who spent the majority of their life (as of today, doesn't matter the age) in poverty who now make more than enough, how did you it? What's your story?
>>
>>1645148
Worked hard, lived frugally and maximized value.
>>
>>1645151
That's really great! I'd love to hear the details of your personal triumphs?
>>
I was a college student on scholarship.

Starting going to clubs, and guys would come up to me and offer sex. I did it once for $200.

I immediately got smart and put up Craigslist listings 2 towns over.

$200 an hour, and I probably fucked 3 different people per day, worked only on weekends.

I found out about BTC when it was in the $10 range. When you're making $2400 a month with no bills, why not?

After I graduate college I get a job as a bank teller. Low pay, but I had no debt. My income doubled. Sold my car and bought a motorcycle.

I currently make 6k a month as a bank teller and a prostitute.

And I'm a boy.
>>
>>1645175
Love the M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end :P
Are you investing in any way?
>>
>>1645191
Sorry, I forgot to put in the story, I cashed out my BTC at $200 each, obviously meaning I had forgotten about it over the years.

So realistically I'm sitting on 180k, a house paid in cash (75k house in Louisiana), and working.
>>
>>1645198
very nice! If i had that much i'd probably look for ways to buy into already profitable businesses so i don't have to work anymore
>>
>>1645225
Dude, you really believed me?
I'm a 21 year old fucking NEET living in my mom's house.
Smoke weed all day, don't look for jobs.
Every time I look out my window (literally), all the girls in my neighborhood are sneaking off to the black guys houses.

Fucking life.
>>
>>1645148
here's a real story, friend

>grew up dirt poor, on food stamps for a few years, then free lunch at school
>couldn't even afford to take AP tests without a waver in HS
>couldn't afford to send out a bunch of college applications, applied to state school I knew would accept me
>made straight As in school from 3rd grade to 12th grade but didn't get any scholarships
>poverty meant FAFSA gave me everything I needed, mostly through Pell Grant but a few K in Stafford Loans
>majored in accounting since it was easy and known to be lucrative
>got out of college with 4k in debt, got a job with the US Government
>pay went from 37k to 75k in 3 years
>now I'm 30 and making 80k a year
>own car outright, have half of my house paid off (rural South)

honestly, I didn't try very hard in life. school came naturally and I faked my way through college by cramming enough to make Bs or taking classes that had favorable grade distributions. once you get in with the government they can't fire you, so I just faked it til I made it. still don't know what the hell I'm doing, but as I've learned in life, neither does anyone else.
>>
>>1645242
not OP but this is impressive. do you do any investing?
>>
>>1645148
I'm a step or 2 from the top. Grew up in a trailer park.

We get used toys and clothes or we make our own or work for it.

>mfw what is a child labor law.

Oilfield hand and bucking hay bales at 14.

At 30 (now) tired and broken while being near crippled and drink to much. Winning the great depression battle daily.

Have 2 shitty houses and 5 shitty cars.

Nothing of real financial value. Debt free in april.

Selling houses and pretty much trading for one descent house. May have mortgage but is negligable.

Save 13k and take vacation and 2 of Robert kiyosaki's classes everyone talks shit on.

Either throw 13k Ina trash or get rich from it.

Continue hunting real estate deals while debit free. Continue autisticly starting side /biz.

Get incomes from real Estate substantial enough to speculate in oil.

Assuming oil works do same with both to fund my own biz or ipo.

Become rich angel investor and call it a life.

/life
>>
>>1645242
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA got me too anon. I forgot where I was.
>>
>>1645255
Lol. Good work anon. Grats on breaking the poverty line with me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.