[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

zero to one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Guys i tell you the most valuable thing i learned today. If you want to be rich, you have to start a business. You haven't got money for it so you have to raise it.

- Kickstarter
- Venture Capitalist
- Angel Investors

These are the only ways to get capital. Just start working on a business plan and try it. Don't give up if you haven't talked to atleast 100 investor. Thats the only way. I can't raise a capital with wagecuck job.

You need employees. Don't hire the bests. They are expensive. Hire your friends and teach them.
>>
>>1645081
>If you want to be rich, you have to start a business.
sure.
>You haven't got money for it so you have to raise it.
and that's where you fucked up.
>>
>>1645090
Tell me other alternatives pls.
>>
>>1645094
Apply for a bank loan.
Start a business that doesn't require capital to get going.
Get your customers paying before you buy what you need to start a business.

or any combination of these.
In real life most business owners don't go out and get capital to start a business. They progress from being employed, to being self-employed, to employing others. They may or may not put money into their business at some point in the progression.
>>
File: letöltés.png (9KB, 282x178px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.png
9KB, 282x178px
>>1645108
>>
>>1645130
you're welcome.
>>
>>1645108
I'd like to add that for the few here on /biz/ who actually have the guts, resolve, and skills to start their own business. You don't really want to go all in to a serious VC with your first time to the bat. Let's say you get 2 million in start up capital, not huge, but more money than you've ever seen in your life and you've never run a business before. You can tell yourself "we can't afford to fail" as much as you want, but just statistically: you're probably gonna fail.

However if you're first time to the bat is just 10k, or a bootstrap operation and you fuck up it's a whole lot less stressful and embarrassing. But it also means you can reflect and improve.

If it takes you on average 5 small businesses to find the one which will make your financially independent, why not bootstrap the first 4?

>>1645081
>You need employees. Don't hire the bests. They are expensive. Hire your friends and teach them
It's more complicated than that I think. Don't hire your friends unless they "professionals" in the gig you've got lined up for them. I've done this: hired friends, I'm a really good upskiller and manager, but I never use to be a good recruiter. Yes, you'll be surprised what happens when you get your friends, who are total novices, to do something and how quickly they'll pick it the basics. But I've come to the conclusion that if you really want quality, if you want to scale up you need to find people who are "professionals".

The mistake I made in the past was I always went for the best. Those people are the most fickle if you can't pay them what they're worth... Recruiting is balancing your desire to get the best (most experienced, most skilled, most professional) and passionate, dedicated. Also you need to see through the artifice, everyone puts on their best behavior in an interview obviously... and I foolishly in the past didn't remind myself of that.
>>
>>1645346
Hey can you answer this for me?

I'm a permanent resident in the UK but a US citizen. I want to start a e commerce business. So I need to start a business. Now in order not to get taxed twice, I thought of forming the business in the US, having paypal put the money into a US bank account, and never having the money sent to me in the UK.

Would I pay tax in the UK? I would still do work in the UK online, but do I need to legally pay tax to the UK? Or should I just get the business up and running until I can automate it? I'd only touch the money once I'm in the US, and in the mean time have it automatically reinvest into the company, put it into an Roth IRA and put it into a savings account for my next asset.

Basically, do I pay UK tax on foreign(USA) assets IF I don't personally get all the money? Do I need to have it someone living their's name?
>>
>>1646546
Sorry dude, can't help because am not American or Briton, talk to an international accountant. There should be heaps of accountants in London familiar with US tax code.

From the sounds of it you wouldn't get taxed immediately because you're reinvesting in the company and I think cap gains only get taxed when you actually liquidate or sell the underlying asset.

The other thing is you'll probably be running at a loss for the first 12 months at least so even if you file 2 tax returns, you won't get taxed on it anyway.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.