[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retirement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Brian-Hammons.jpg (49KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Brian-Hammons.jpg
49KB, 300x225px
Creative and unconventional retirement ideas.

Alright /biz, we all know that nobody wants to work, pay bills, and die. Through vigorous study and investing I am on my way to early retirement. However I still wish to have redundant backup plans and would like to leave my heirs well off as my legacy when I go.

I have decided that planting black walnut trees could be an option for many reasons.

>they have been valuable since the 1700s
>they average a roughly 14% ROI with 0 taxes until harvest or sell making them a safer bet than most stocks
>I don't fucking trust the stock market or a 401gay anyway
>I can lease the land out to cattle ranchers to pay the property tax on my 15 acres lot
>in a few years I can harvestell the nuts and thin out the little bitch trees for a profit.
>with deforestation I may qualify for lower property tax?
>if I ever get my sawmill and woodshed done and get a wild hair I can harvest my own freeish wood to make furniture and increase my income from them
>I could borrow or rent a truck with kiln dried ready to use boards and deliver in person a truckload of any size boards anywhere in the lower 48.
>I never need to buy furniture of any kind again
>i'my 30 and in about 39 years I can wipe out my forest for the equivalent of $100,000 per acre in today's dolars. So whatever 1.5 million give or take will be in our new money once our fiat fucking dollar finally folds.

short of a drought wich only happened twice in my 30 years and wasn't horrible or bag worms what other problems could I have?

I have access to a few water trucks. Natural springs. And I will build a flame thrower drone or some other method of reaching those faggot bag worms with fire.

I live near the land and can tend to it easily. Plus my rancher can alert me of any major bagworm infestations.

Any reason not to do this? Can I get a better use out of shitty rocky land in kansas?
>>
How long before they start producing walnuts?
>>
File: images (22).jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>1643873
Looks like 4-7 years. Depending on the cattle rents it should more than cover the property tax and pruning equipment costs. Nuts would be a plus. Will use any extra to purchase more land and trees and hopefully grow into a small fortune. They seem to grow well around here. I would wager closers to the 4 or 5 year mark. I'll likely Frankenstein a pickup into a tree shocker and do my own harvesting. Pretty sure monster garage built one?
>>
>>1643873
Actually there is a cranky douchebag in my town already doing this. It's how I got the idea. My only real fear would be all of them dying somehow or there being a surge in them poping up and making it useless. No point in worrying about shit that may never happen tho. And I like walnut. So old man me will likely have a wood shop and plenty of lumber to build things with I guess. And was a typo. My spellcheck is almost as dumb as me. Can log in 30 years or so and replant for maximum productivity. Even more so I may grow starter trees a few years and replant to speed things up. I may decide to cut them or sell somewhere along the way but as far as a pretty much set it and forget it investment goes it seems legit. It's a physical asset that you can touch. The land is paying for itself I hope. And if I need to liquefy all I need is a chainsaw. Not to mention it almost 0 depends on what the markets or economy does until 30 years from now when I decide to sell.
>>
I'd probably get fire insurance, lol
>>
>>1645159
Haha. Maybe. But I don't think pasture fire hurts them. And green walnut shouldn't burn. For sure looking into that and flood insurance.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.