[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jewing The Credit Card Company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: goodgoyim.jpg (64KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
goodgoyim.jpg
64KB, 795x470px
I have the chance to use my dying grandparents credit card before she croaks in about 2 weeks. I'm thinking I can use the credit card to buy a new washer and dryer so that when she dies it will be on her card and I won't have to pay it. She doesn't have land or a house, but she has a car in her name and 200k in stocks which will transfer on death. I'm concerned that the credit card company will try and take the car to pay the debt on the card. There is no will and my brother and I are the only ones to receive the inheritance. She only has the stocks, the car and a retirement account that's it.

>Will this work?
>Is there a catch?
>Are you a jew?
>>
The banks/collections will seize any assets to pay off debts.

If your Mom dies with $200K in debt and she owns a $140K home and $10K in the bank, don't expect to keep anything. They'll take what they can get then write off the rest.

Go ahead and buy what you want, but it won't be free money. You'll have to pay it or they'll likely take it out of her stocks or car. Doubt they'd liquidate a house for a little credit card debt, but it's possible.

>sources
Great-Grandma died in 2013 and I tried the same thing.
>>
>>1643208
She has no debt currently and they will come after the credit card debt after I put a few thousand on there?
>>
>>1643214
Yes. It's called 'Probate'.
>>
>>1643193
Her estate will pay off her debts. Heirs get whatever is left over. Don't fuck with her finances. You're going to just fuck yourself out of your own money. And for fucks sake, get her to draft a will. It will go to probate and heirs will come out of the woodworks to take that shit.
>>
>>1643673
Probate doesn't apply to GIFTS.
>>
>>1643977
What the hell are you talking about? There's still a credit card debt, and OP and his brother are her only heirs (apparently). They could burn whatever they buy with the credit card, the debts still there.
>>
>>1643193
For some reason this reminds me of:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1r88vl/need_advice_on_inheritance_arbitrage_family_etc/

No reason to do it OP. Would only make sense if she had no assets but the CC debt will be paid for with your inheritance. Only thing i can see is that if you split the money left then buying a washer and dryer for lets say 500 would mean that your brother paid 1/2 of that. But thats a really douche move.
>>
>>1643977
HURRRRR
>>
>>1643193
Her debts will be cleared by her estate THEN whats left will go to you.
Also,get a will drawn up a.s.a.p or you'll watch the lawyers get a big slice of your inheritance and there will be nothing you can do about it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.