[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Uni2.jpg (188KB, 853x568px) Image search: [Google]
Uni2.jpg
188KB, 853x568px
Anyone else having problems getting an Internship? Junior year Stats major, applied to 30 internships and haven't got a single offer back. Feeling fucked.
>>
if you want help with this shit, check out the /biz/cord.

https://discord.gg/7MugHpq
>>
Try >>>/adv/ or Reddit.

This board is for business and finances. If you aren't discussing student loans or how to manage finances as a college student, it doesn't belong here.
>>
>>1642036
>Me and two other guys applied for a graduate program within our field of study
>master's students all three
>GPAs above B and one pretty darn close to straight As
>none of us made it to interviews
>>
>>1642036
You feel entitled and don't deserve to get it. Do you actually know the company and researched it. Contacted them and spend lots of time trying to pick one you genuinely want? better to have one bird in your hand than ten in the air.
>>
Will a thinkpad x230 suffice for a major in Accounting?
>>
>>1644256
I agree with this anon, you're throwing shit at the wall and seeing if it will stick OP, I used to do blanket resume dumps but then I actually targeted and tailored my resume for specific jobs, I've landed 2 different positions since that change
>>
> air force veteran
>business major

Got an internship at a hedge fund right away lol
>>
>>1642036
>not being able to get a job straight out of college

You know what to do.
>>
>>1644312
apparently you should do the same thing because you cant even comprehend a simple 4chan post, he is still in college and his post had nothing to do with finding a job straight out of college, kill yourself.
>>
>>1642036
Dropped out first semester, now doing manual labor in Houston, fuck college, don't know why I paid for it in first place

I will just learn shit on MIT open courseware, not hard
>>
File: cliff.jpg (721KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
cliff.jpg
721KB, 3264x2448px
>>1644318
>not being able to get a job with one application the first time round
>>
>>1644344
/thread
>>
File: 60178416.jpg (99KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
60178416.jpg
99KB, 461x403px
>>1642036
>3.2 GPA accounting senior
>Worked two bullshit internships
>Did VITA like once
>apply for winter internship at pretty big firm
>get deferred to summer internship
>they give me an offer, then find out I'm graduating this year
>call me back, offer me a FT, 60k + bonus
>chilling until September when I start
>I have no idea what I'm doing
Lol
>>
>>1642036
Talk to your professors, they can give good leads and may vouch for you which will go a long way.

>>1644336
Yea that's nothing to brag about. While it's admirable that you are going out of your way to learn no employer will take that seriously. Not saying it can't happen at all, but the odds are against you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.