[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sillicon valley and startups a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Any anon in startups & SV get in.

Related: as a software dev, is it a better choice to go freelance these days?
>>
is getting a job so hard?
>>
>>1640667
It seems like you've become so convoluted by 4chan lingo that you perpetually don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Google was venture funded but it's now a large public company. Arguably the largest by market cap in the world (right next to another tech company). It's not a startup.

I'm teaching myself software development and I personally have no desire to go with the freelancing route -- especialy if I had the opportunity to work at the company in your pic. I'd move to the bay area (I already live here), get a job at a solid startup with a solid engineering team and improve my skills.
>>
Silicon is kill the tech bubble 2.0 has already burst
>>
>>1641461
The startup ecosystem is built on investor money and funds are still very active.

Basically you're wrong.
>>
>>1641474
K

We are done with aggressive vc spending. The 2010's edition of pets.com was a swarm of "facebook for X" or the "airbnb of y"

The twitters, Lyfts, solar city's and other various over valued shit machines aren't sexy and they have set unreasonable profit potential expectations. Most have never turned a profit and they never will. The bubble may not burst but it's deflating.

Basically you're naive.
>>
>>1641474
The funds don't have to close for the bubble to have burst.

They're raising capital but not doing anything with it. The whole bubble is based on VCs giving out shittons of money for stupid, unworkable ideas. When the VCs realised after a few years that they were just chucking money down the toilet instead of finding the next Facebook, they became more bearish, which has slowly let the air out of the bubble, rather than a catastrophic pop like the dotcom bubble
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.