[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying real estate now stupid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1467950661428.jpg (23KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1467950661428.jpg
23KB, 400x267px
More of a question for Australians since it's pretty fucked over here.

I'm 24, gonna have about $100K saved up by the end of next year and looking to buy a house after that.

For example, would buying in the premium suburbs in Melbourne be a good way of mitigating risk? My thinking is those suburbs will always be desirable so what could go wrong? :^)
>>
I was in sanctuary lakes the other day what the deal with that place?
If you think there is no bubble, buy now or buy after the correction.
>>
>>1639828
m8 people have been waiting for the correction for over a decade.
>>
>>1639822
>$100k
> Buying in a premium suburb

Pick one
>>
>>1639833
Youve answered your own question there. Apartment markets looks good for a drop with all the new supply coming on soon
>>
The best way to mitigate risk is to buy prime property. Detached house, decent suburb, etc. In the correction they won't get hit as hard and will recover better in the subsequent boom because they have more intrinsic value.

Steer clear of apartments in Melb syd, wait, will be an absolute max of 3 years, pick up one in a short sale.
>>
File: william-livingstone-house.jpg (54KB, 468x368px) Image search: [Google]
william-livingstone-house.jpg
54KB, 468x368px
Murican here...

Im considering moving to Aus after I got a DUI, technically you bogans dont consider it a crime (kind of like being arrested for not wearing a burqua or a hijab).

Do you think it will be easy for me to get a job doing basic help desk, re imaging, fixing desktops, or should I try to get a job doing pest control or HVAC?
>>
>>1640553
You can do any of those things with a DUI in the US
>>
>>1640555
Pest control/hvac and DUI do not go together in usa....

Insurance kills the business owner...

Only good low level IT jobs around me are government, and they are damn hard to get...
>>
>>1640555
and both of those fields have too many beaners in to make decent money here...

Pest control/plumbers literally get paid $12.50 to work in San Jose and San Francisco...
Benefits lmao.
>>
>>1640553
You should probably research Australian immigration policy. If you can speak and understand the language of an area, have proper licensing where required, and know what you're doing, you could probably find work anywhere in the 1st world
>>
>>1639822
>Is buying real estate now stupid?
You'd be insane to do it desu, lad. Also you don't have nearly enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaI9VJCWaNo
>>
>>1640572
>pest control
m8, the pests here in aus are gonna control you
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.