[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, NoSkills30yo back again with a bit of an update on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479786954973.jpg (307KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479786954973.jpg
307KB, 1920x1200px
Hey guys, NoSkills30yo back again with a bit of an update on what's going on.

Turns out that my perfectionism is somewhat hindering to my little lawn care start up. I've been researching non stop on different models of equipment to get the best value I can, and also because if any of it shits itself then I'll be fucked in the early stages.

What this brought to light however is that I am in a financial hole I need to get out of. A decent mower, whipper snipper and trailer all up are going to set me back about $2,000 aud. So I need to knuckle down and just work overtime at my depressing factory job to earn the sheckles to buy the shit.

Excpet overtime goes to the guys that have been there for 20+ years. I've already budgeted as best I can and that can get me there in a few months, but I need to get out of this place and start getting customers now while it's coming into grass cutting season.

I have a few hundred in the bank, and $500 in bunnings vouchers given to me by friends and family the other week. I'm sorry to always be taking and never really giving back to you guys, and I hate starting "How to get money plz" threads but I am hoping another ausfag or someone who has been in my position can offer some advice.

Ultimately the goal is to clear the 20k debt before starting the business, but I'll settle for ways to raise the initial $2k start up.
>>
What I've learned thus far:

Seems I can get away with charging anywhere between $70-$100 per job. Jims does $99 for their jobs, but I have less overheads, so I can undercut them since I'm just one guy.

Local resales of lawn care equipment that isnt terrible chink shit thats either brooken or breaking doesn't exist in australia. I scour Gumtree every few hours and nothing good ever really comes up. Craigslist is only good for sexual deviates and weed in aus.

I need to set up an ABN and look into getting business insurance, which I plan to do when I stop working at the factory and begin running the business full time.

My plan of attack is to stay where I am, but to mow yards during the weekends and after work when no one can be fucked doing anything. Once I break what I'm bringing home weekly (including tax and super) I'll hand in my resignation and use the free time to chase up leads and market myself.

Am I destined to fail, /biz/?
>>
You'll never know until you try, breh.

>perfectionism is somewhat hindering
You and me both. I'm still learning the art of 'good enough'.

Have you tried posting want ads for stuff that people might have languishing in their garages?
>>
I'll happily fund your venture next year for a cut of the business. Reply if you're keen.
>>
lawn care in Australia? I dunno if that is a good business idea. Isn't Australia a desert?
>>
>>1640029
K bro, $22,000 aud pls. I'll give you a sensible cut of the profit.

>>1640032
Yeah it is but the 1% have learned to stack sand grains individually and paint them to look like grass. It's time consuming, but it pays off. Plus it gives the bogan working class something to do.

I wonder if I can buy something cheap from alibaba and sell it to local businesses? I saw a guy somewhere say he sold pizza places those tiny plastic pizza box table things, maybe that may be a half decent way to raise the funds to start this off?
>>
Bump for ideas for things I can buy cheap and sell to local businesses. I haven't really had to work in offices before so I'm not sure what they spend a lot of money one. Copy paper, I suppose?
>>
>>1641081
>Pens, Highlighters, Sharpies
>Paper Clips, Bulldog Clips, Push Pins
>Legal Pads
>Post-it-Notes, Peel off Tags, Labels etc.
>White board markers
But think a bit broader anon:
>Hand Sanitizer (can't afford your wagecucks getting sick)
>Tumbdrives (Of course thumbdrives would be forbidden in any company which is serious about security)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.