[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investing in Russia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What does /biz/ think about Russia?

Lately I have been looking at Russian ETFs -- mainly RSX -- because Russia seems promising given a Trump presidency.

We all know that Trump wants to be friendly with Russia, and that he is likely to end at least sanctions which Obama placed via executive order.
This will help the country overall and the major companies, mostly energy and banking, which these ETFs hold stakes in.

The other big factor would be the price of energy(oil/gas) and various resources such as nickel, which we can't really predict, but I can't imagine oil plummeting as it did previously.

As for the ETF I mentioned, you can find it here:
https://www.vaneck.com/etf/equity/rsx/overview/
>>
>>1638093

Traitor
>>
there is no way trump and putin will be friendly. one of them would have to submit to the other. neither will ever do that. another factor is putin using the united states as an enemy for russia to rally against. he doesnt want a good relationship
>>
>>1638127
1. Neither of them have to give everything to gain something
2. They can start with Syria, where Putin has interests and Trump doesn't care/would seemingly go along with Putin in order to keep Assad
>>
RUSL would be the fund to get.
>>
>>1638127
>another factor is putin using the united states as an enemy for russia to rally against.
He can use the EU for that and already has.
>>
>>1638169
Why is that better?
>>
>>1638127
>another factor is putin using the united states as an enemy for russia to rally against.

you don't really get russia. we mostly don't give a flying dick about america, nor does it concern us, we rally behind putin because he is the first actual president of russia. before him we had retard jeltsin that was an american puppet, gorbatchov that was a traitor and brought the union down, and before him commies that had little to do with russia and its nation.
>>
When it comes money, I really don't give a shit about politics. What are the ROI and how at risk the my money is, are all I care about.
>>
>>1638093
Its a risky play, but it may be possible to make a lot of money. Look at RUSL when sanctions come up for renewal. If you really love risk - buy now since end of November they'll (most likely) freeze production after talks with OPEC.
>>
>>1638185
RUSL has triple daily leverage of the underlying index. Woot!
>>
>>1638275
My understanding is that the average Russian doesn't care much about America but the state-controlled media has a habit of scapegoating America.
I imagine that's still useful even if the typical citizen doesn't buy all the propaganda.

That said, I think Putin would agree with Trump that cooperation against ISIS is of absolutely paramount importance and all differences should be put aside until the jihadis are dead.
>>
>>1639293
How long would you want to hold onto that?
RSX seems to be the best for a hold and wait strategy, whereas RUSL is for buying when something major will happen, as alluded to here >>1639277 , especially if you take expenses into account.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.