[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

toxic customer base

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1454280825673.jpg (26KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1454280825673.jpg
26KB, 500x710px
So I work in a leisure centre that is struggling to make long term gains

the problem is that we are relying on the business of what I would call "toxic customers"

we have one group of professional sportspeople, who cover most of our costs
but they make a range of demands that hinder the ability of the business to grow
they want to book out all our prime time sessions, and have exclusive access
and we are doing a lot of their clubs business for them as well, at no cost

to compound this, a lot of our senior staff are from these professional groups, creating a day to day conflict of interest as the staff preference the professional groups to the detriment of everyone else

because the pro's are taking all of our prime (after work, friday nights) spots, we have started booking in large numbers of disability groups in the quieter times
these groups can't pay full fee, and are given a discount
they are "high need", turning the place into a circus every time they arrive; which means we have to roster more staff
one carer will come with eight heavily dissabled persons; and that means maintaining order often falls onto staff
this is a very unattractive prospect for staff, who are not trained or invested in playing nanny to a group of disabled people

as a business we are struggling to retain staff in senior roles, we are relying on a rotating group of juniors; but they can only work limited hours and it means we have 30+ people on our books when we only need 10

the biggest issue though with both the aforementioned groups is that both are totally toxic to new customers
the pro's think that they own the place, and chastise new users for breaking a litany of unwritten rules they themselves decided on
the dissabled players harass everyone equally, they are sometimes out of control; and their carers allow them to linger before/after their scheduled times

as a manager I'm pulling my hair out over this
>>
>>1636507
>as a manager
Maybe you should invest in a new store and run it yourself. Take the customer contact list on the way out the door. Sounds like a hellish place to work. Call it Larry's Leisure and change your name to Leisure Suit Larry to funnel some extra synergy into the new venture.
>>
>>1636511
long term it's something I would consider
but at the moment my business skills aren't where they need to be

I tried to start a small business before but it didn't hold up past a year, I struggled to get reliable suppliers and my customer base dwindled
>>
>>1636507
Obviously the business already has a rapport with the disability carers/wranglers, so you can't just start charging more or telling them to wrangle better, you may have to offer them a different service so that you can change the relationship.
Like, if they're just coming in in small groups now and swimming or bowling or whatever, maybe offer to do special events with larger groups and bring in pizza and a magician and shit. That's just an example, I don't know your business or if these tards like magic. The carers are not going to like renegotiating unless they're getting something different than what they already get.
>>
>>1636507
Find a new job mayne.
>>
>>1636539
a re-negotiation with the two groups is definitely in order

it's a good idea; but the difficulty with the dissability groups is that they run on a fixed budget
I can't charge them more, because they don't have more
I would make a rule about the ratio ot tards to wranglers but they themselves don't have flexibility in that regard
I can't even say "don't bring back the tard with autism who keeps re-arranging every single piece of equipment we have by colour" or "don't brind that tard who fights with the other tards"
because if one is banned, the whole group can't go

yesterday I called the ambulance before lunch, and had my senior staffer tied up for an hour by a tard-fight, leaving the guy we only hired two days ago to deal with 60 tards

so making an inprovement would have to be in the form of lowering their service
I've been considering changing from a discount to a package deal, so the net cost is still the same but I can provide more restriction
basically keep them out of our prime hours so I have room to book other people in
>>
>>1636526
Well the first year is when they all go down I guess. Maybe appeal more to the geriatric crowd instead of the tards. Maybe try and land some juicy resupply - maintenance contract with long term care homes? Sounds like a pretty cool line of work actually. Maybe try it on the side at first and slowly pluck customers away from the your work, sure you could get fired when you get caught!?

As far as your workplace goes I wouldn't know. I would be tempted to fire the lot, a real house cleaning and get some inexperienced lower paid yet hungry employees trying to get their first sales gig or something. As far as getting customers I am always tempted by hot looking sales girls myself. It may be harsh but get rid of ugly people.
>>
>>1636620
there isn't anything wrong with the staff we have, we need some juniors we can save wages on to do menial jobs

the issue is that nobody is prepared to step up to senior staff, the juniors stay casual while they go to high school

we have seniors in when we can, they are the kind of business we want during the day

but what I would really like is to move the pro's off prime-time, so we could get casual players in
because they wouldn't come every week they would be prepared to spend more

but the pro's are sort of in a position to make demands (which they do daily)
so how to do that coercively will be the chalenge, the pro's are on the whole a rough and uneducated mob, unused to negotiating
>>
>>1636507
increase prices for prime time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.