[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admitted to Copyright Infringement - Now What?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: copyright.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
copyright.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
A couple of years ago, I decided to start up my own gig and advertised it on craigslist. I found a design that I liked using a google image search and used it as the image on my ads.

This morning I got an email from someone saying that they recognized the image, that it belonged to another business, and that they were going to report me to that business so that I could get sued - I panicked. I asked the person who emailed me what the right thing to do was and they told me to contact the business, give them my personal and work info, formally apologize for using their logo, and show them specifically how I used it. I know now it was stupid and that I should have just stopped using it but I emailed them and really, really put my dick in the wind. I gave them all of my personal info (name, email, phone, address - personal and work info, when I started using the logo, etc). In my apology I stated directly that I used the logo and that I had gotten it off of a google image search.

Am I fucked? Can they sue if I've stopped using it? It's been two and a half years since I started using it. What happens now? I haven't heard back from them but I'm terrified that I just offered myself up.
>>
Ignore it and forget about it. It was a stupid move but you can't change it now.

You're only fucked if you get a certified in the mail with legal letterhead. Any other correspondence you should delete/ignore.
>>
>>1636478
Do you think they will take action? I've given them everything I can imagine they'd need and I was using it for over two years...
>>
>>1636483

Attorney here,
To help you I need your SS number, the name of your first mascot and a nude pic of your gf.
>>
>>1636488
Thanks for your offer :/
>>
>>1636454
lol this has to be bait. No one is actually this fucking retarded.
>>
>>1636495
I realize that I should have just dumped the image and moved on however, I freaked out.
>>
(Not a lawyer), but you should probably be fine; sending all your info and admission was a little over the top. To be honest you weren't selling a product with their IP nor were you directly profiting from it so the best they probably could have done is a Cease and Desist with follow-up legal action if you were unresponsive. Go on fiverr and get a cheap ass logo and call it a night.
>>
>>1636478
you're asking me to guess the lottery numbers man. i don't think about things i can't do anything about. neither should you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.