[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to pass the Bar without actually going to law school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: bar.jpg (231KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
231KB, 1024x768px
How hard is it to pass the Bar without actually going to law school?
>>
>>1636053

Wait, you can actually become a lawyer in 'murica by just passing the test?
If this is true, this is the fucking greatest country in the world, son.
>>
pretty
>>
>>1636193

Found it

"In five states, you can still take this non-law school route to becoming a lawyer. Vermont, Washington, California, Virginia and Wyoming all allow people to become lawyers by “reading the law,” which, simply put, means studying and apprenticing in the office of a practicing attorney or judge.

There are a number of reasons why this option is important: it makes becoming a lawyer more accessible to a wider demographic of people; it frees new lawyers from the shackles of law school debt; it allows lawyers to study in the communities they want to serve rather than leaving the area for law school; and more."

SO yeah, 'Murica is the greatest country in the world - but just in the faggot states.
>>
>>1636198
ya but no respectable firm will hire you and if you try a private practice no one will trust you because you have no formal education
>>
YES THIS IS GOOD
>>
>>1636211
You passed the bar, that says it all.
>>
>>1636053
didn't know you could do that.
>>
How many questions are in the BAR Exam?
Are they multiple choice? essay? one on one interview?
>>
>>1636211
law school is objectively bullshit
>>
File: 1469665103894.jpg (95KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
1469665103894.jpg
95KB, 405x540px
>>1636579
>>1636053
The bar is a test of minimum competency. I has some dumb as rocks people in my graduating class, but they passed the bar just the same.

All you really need to do is invest in a bar prep course. I enjoyed Themis, and it got me through the exam with flying colors--of course I also went to law school.

Honestly, the states that all you to obtain a license without law school are relics. You likely will not be a successful attorney, even in those states, without law school. You just learn too much during the first two years to ever imagine practicing without that experience.

You meet attorneys. You clerk. You learn SO much that just isn't tested on the bar exam but that is crucial to practicing law.

If you are set on NOT going to law school what I would suggest is taking a Themis prep course for whichever state and dedicating yourself to it for the full 3-4 months that they recommend. On top of that, you need to read and research like a fucking madman about the legal profession, history, and culture (particular within your state).

Even then, you will not be competent to practice as an attorney. What you should do is pitch yourself to firms as a kind of glorified legal clerk/paralegal for a few years. The experience during this phase will better prepare you for actually representing clients, and will also buy you more time to "fill in the gaps" from your missed legal education.

tldr; pretty fun idea. just expect to be a glorified clerk for a few years and not a front-line attorney. passing without school will make you look like a savant, but you will still have a ton of training and experience to make up. good luck.
>>
>>1636577
Lots of multiple choice and then several essays.
In most states, its two full days of 8 hours.
>>
depends on how smart you are
>>
>>1636688
This is what I was thinking but didn't want to type out. Solid post.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.