[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

My last one of these threads was a big hit so I'm back for more. I give advice about patents for a living, ask me questions and I will give you advice.

US only.
>>
>>1634803
How do I patent my meme?
>>
>>1634812
You can't but you could copyright it though.
>>
>>1634803
have patents every worked for the small business / little guy?

how much patent fraud/deception/subterfuge do the big dogs get away with, crushing the little guys?
>>
>>1634803
How do you get a US patent from overseas?
>>
>>1634840
Yes, patents are very much a doable thing for the small/little guy. The difficulty they typically run into isn't filing, it's enforcement, which is where the big bucks start stacking up. That's how the big guys can screw the little guys, by making it a war of money.

That being said if you partner up with a licensing firm or a similarly well moneyed backer, you don't need to worry about it as much.

>>1634853
Wow when I said US only I figured there would be no questions that would fall under that specification which I couldn't answer. Congratulations on proving me wrong.

I'm actually not sure if there's a ban on foreign citizens filing US patents. What you definitely can do if you know an American citizen who you trust, is have them file a provisional and then do an "assignment" so that the rights to it are transferred to you or a corporate entity in your name. But really, I would talk to a lawyer as this isn't my wheelhouse.
>>
>>1634803
How often do patents generate revenue?
I'm assuming few do and the vast majority of patents are about protection and a kind of insurance against getting undercut.
>>
File: 1468413707787.jpg (23KB, 450x200px) Image search: [Google]
1468413707787.jpg
23KB, 450x200px
>>1634860
no shit sherlock.

i was kinda being glib and sarcastic.
>>
>>1634882
you were being a retard, don't give yourself too much credit rakim. now off to ghetto you go.

>>1634803
what are the prices for intitial patenting and how long does it last.
>>
File: 301px-NuMale-feminism.jpg (28KB, 301x321px) Image search: [Google]
301px-NuMale-feminism.jpg
28KB, 301x321px
>>1635139
>the person in the meme image is the person posting

no..

im pretty sure you're the retard.
>>
>>1635139
So prices are hard to predict. I will tell you that you're going to spend at least $3000, and if you get a patent on that little you have a fucking amazingly cheap attorney. Most patents I've done end up being 5-7500$, but more complicated ones can get up to $20 or more. They last 20 years.
>>
>>1635139
However you can get something called a "provisional patent" for either $65 or $250 depending on what your income is. This basically gives you "priority" to file your idea as a real patent for about a year.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.