[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 wheeler ROI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 18-wheeler.jpg (459KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
18-wheeler.jpg
459KB, 1024x684px
So my dad, who's a truck driver, told me people at his company buy trucks and hire other people to drive them.

A new truck costs around $175,000 - $17500 down payment, then payments for $3000 a month until it's paid off.

You make a revenue, as an owner, after paying the monthly operating expenses and your driver- of $500 a week.

Is this a good investment?

It seems to me that's an annual ROI of 15% - on an initial investment of $175,000, you're making $26,000 a year.
>>
File: clip_image002.png (55KB, 274x295px) Image search: [Google]
clip_image002.png
55KB, 274x295px
>>1634787
if im going to be renting commercially , id rather rent commercial real estate, due to depreciation.

but yea, its a business. its not sexy or anything. w/e.
>>
>>1634794
Fuck, you're right. I miscalculated the ROI- you don't get your initial investment back- that $175,000 initial investment is fucking gone. After 5-10 years your truck is worthless.

I wonder what the best types of commercial real estate are.
>>
>>1634799
real estate next to huge new job providers
ex. next to the new tesla factory etc.

on the outskirts of areas of gentrification,
big cities etc.
>>
>>1634802
Maybe I'll just buy into some REIT's.... I don't know anything about that market or RE, but I know a lot about trucking.
>>
>>1634787
>>1634799
>buying new

No anon.

If you are starting out, and yourself or a friend is mechanically inclined, grab said person and go used long hauler truck shopping.

These things, if maintained will last for millions of km and tens of thousands in engine hours. (my truck, a 2008 T370 Kenworth, is at 13,306 engine hours; 1,379,411km presently)

Try to find one that is on the low side of the numbers, from a retiring experienced long hauler.

That way you get a good unit for a non gouging price.

Only big money business buy new trucks.
>>
>>1634808
But your truck won't last much longer. At my dad's company, they are not allowed to use any trucks older than 5 years.
>>
>>1634802
OH FUCK.. the first person to open a 50's style Soda Shop / Burger joint by the GigaFactory would make a killing.
>>
>>1634811
>wont last
>highway trucks
Top kek

These things are indestructible if you look after them.

>nothing older than 5 years
Then that company sucks and they are intentionally fucking over the owner-operators.

Your dad should stop driving for them and run a truck for its full lifespan (which can be a decade +; depending on the roads, maintenance diligence, and weather conditions).

You can make $100k+ net trucking easily if your truck isn't a lemon and you know how to budget.
>>
Companies don't finance. They buy in bulk fleets and get discounts. They also get them very stripped down most of the time. Fleet trucks are trash that are thrown away every 3 to 4 years.
>>
>>1634787
Best return on investment is going to be driving the fucking thing yourself.
New ones are expensive and unreliable. Get a license, work a couple of years for a big company, save, and buy an older truck.
>>
File: 1478891658979.jpg (7KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
1478891658979.jpg
7KB, 211x211px
>>1634794

You can depreciate a vehicle, dumbass.
>>
>>1636649
thats why he said he prefers real estate you literal retard
>>
>>1636649
yes you can depreciate a vehicle...

You can choose, straight line method, cost per unit (mile) or accelerated rate decline (probably best for a truck)
>>
>>1636669
shes talking about tax right off.
but she doesn't understand that profit and appreciation is more desirable to little write offs for depreciation. your not gonna write off the entire cost , esp when you retire the vehicle, and your going to be audited alot more etc. its not a fucking free lunch.
>>
In the very near future you'll be able to have your truck drive itself.

http://ot.to
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.