[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling emotional support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1439943486769.jpg (67KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
1439943486769.jpg
67KB, 356x374px
In the last 4 months I've seen middle-aged people needing emotional support and company by a child no less, meaning myself. I wonder if there's a potential business venture out of this. I'm just 18, but I look much younger.
Can I perhaps get more people on board with this? Sell love, cuddle, affection, kind words, moral support?

The thing is that only my family members have been desperate to see me and make me stick with them for a while, they felt clingy and needy as hell, I see why young women reject every niceguy now.
These middle-aged people(my uncle, aunt, father, mother, grandpa, grandmother) were desperate because all of their children including myself have already left to form their own families, their own homes and tend to their own lives, leaving them all alone.
I wonder how it would work with a stranger or a friend. It would probably only work with people they've known since childhood or since they were a baby.

Still worth a try. What is your advice, /biz/?
>>
P.S. I find all of these people really pathetic. I'm 18 and I'm already living on my own very nicely and giving zero fucks about girlfriends, pets, friends, prolonged social contact.

Maybe it's also the existential crisis at their age which makes them so vulnerable. I felt the need for 6 months to have my own little girl, but for fuck's sake I was capable of rewiring my brain to stop feeling this reproduction instinct bullshit, I'm a human being, not an animal governed by instincts to mate and feel like part of the pack.

So why can't they do the same?
>>
>>1633848
Yeah my parents convinced me I would be helpless on my own and convinced me to stay with them for 4 years. Living the real world is actually not a hellscape I thought it would be.

Honestly if you are a girl you can sell personal time with clients and be clear its not sexual. There might be a market but you know most guys will want to fug you unless u uggos then the business is caput.
>>
>>1633850
Its called crystallized intelligence anon and it might happen to you one day. The best way to stop it is constantly be learning and breaking habits and forming new ones. That being said we live in a different generation they have been very use to socializing and being around people often. But new age forms of entertainment have created seclusion and now I guess according to your post its just a natural thing that your parents dont understand. Ultimately I think its their love for you and that they will miss you.
>>
OP, I really get what you're saying with the emotional thing. People that are around the age of 35 and up generally are much more social and it's because they grew up that way. Heck, go examine kids of today that are in more tightly knit societies and you'll see the same type of group think develop.

However, your idea may be viable somewhere but it probably would only work well for girls sadly. You would have to target very ugly middle age women if you wanted business.
>>
Oh yes I can just see the offer right now:

Always wanted that football-loving son you never had? How about that cute pink-wearing girl who wouldn't say she's too old for dresses and cuddles?
Someone older to help you around the house or workshed?
Tired of giving 10 phone calls a day to your son, daughter your nephew/niece and never having them around when you needed them the most?

Cute, charming, naturally cognitive 7-21 year olds willing to lend their charm and companionship services to a responsible adult who needs some platonic love in his/her life.
Note: Things like helping you around the house will be charged extra according to the state you live in.
Important: We do not offer our services in Texas or to farmers. Find a workhorse for that.

(Note: do not try to form or sway these people in any way, their personalities are set in stone and they will cancel the deal at any time)
(Don't try anything our of the ordinary because the FBI, NSA and CIA are watching us, capish?)
>>
>>1633848
Yes, there is a big market for rent a friend sort of thing. You think like a pleb though, you want to be on the managing side of things rather then work at it yourself. You can provide the service yourself for the first half a year just to learn the buisness and what your employees actually do but not work at this full time. This is /biz/ not /job/
>>
>>1633866

>You would have to target very ugly middle age women if you wanted business

Most unattached middle age women (35-55) are craving sex or companionship. They look at me like a piece of meat as I do my shopping but due to their neediness and general used up nature I'm grossed out. I have been thinking about trying to monetize it to make it worthwhile.

t. Middle age dude
>>
>>1634167

How old are you? How good-looking are you? Why don't you bang some of the ok-looking 35 y.o. ?
>>
>wanna be a fuccboi wat do
>>
>>1633848
OP you've finally become aware of that billion dollar industry. Old ladies who go to the same cafe because of the "awfully nice young waiter", People who aren't that mentally disturbed but still see a shrink, Andre Rieu neƩ Liberace, evangelical Christians and Scientology, One Directioners, cat ladies and dog mommys, and people who follow bands in their vans. The longing for affection and belonging, the delusion that these business actually care about you.

There's plenty of ways you could capitalize on it anon.

>>1633852
>Yeah my parents convinced me I would be helpless on my own and convinced me to stay with them for 4 years. Living the real world is actually not a hellscape I thought it would be.

Crap! I'm in that situation right now. Fuck, I SHOULD move out.
>>
>>1633848
How much would you charge this? What kind of personality would you need for it? This sounds subjective as shit... like paying someone to play dungeons and dragons with you, but who knows how good he is at it.
>>
>>1633848
Its already being done. Its called prostitution/therapy. plus they even give you sex if you want.
>>
>>1633848
u cant sell love but u can sell affection. but its gonna suck if they dont like you.
>>
>>1634863
I'm tall and not fat so I guess I'm better looking than most guys my age but so most women are broken and all they have to offer is a stinky hole full of cancer where so many have been before. Maybe I'm a fag for wanting to be appreciated as a person instead of a hunk of meat that tingles their vag
>>
People have been selling this on fiverr for ages. Don't know if they banned this type of gig there yet. My ex did it for a while.

"I will talk to you for 1 hour for $5"

Multiply that for daily/weekly talking privileges and you can bank from these lonely people. The market is definitely there. It's up to you to find them and sell them.
>>
>>1633848
>Sell love, cuddle, affection, kind words, moral support?

Pet stores beat you to it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.