[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck, Amazon is currently $780 PER SHARE! I know that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: amazon.jpg (23KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
23KB, 620x349px
What the fuck, Amazon is currently $780 PER SHARE!

I know that Amazon Web Services is killing at the moment but how is this not a bubble?

Adobe, with its Adobe Marketing Cloud, is $104 per share.

Facebook, which I would have thought had reached maturation, is $120.

This is nuts. Tech is this decade's radio stocks from the 1920s. How do these companies prevent long term investors from pulling the fuck out?
>>
>I know that Amazon Web Services is killing at the moment

understatement of a lifetime. AWS provides infrastructure for 40% of the public internet, and an unknown percent of private intranet.
>>
>>1633612
>talking about stock prices with irrelevance to the market cap
move along child, this isn't your thing yet
>>
>>1633612
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stocksplit.asp

read this until it answers your question
>>
Berkshire Hathaway Class A is currently $237,070 that means they're overpriced by 237,000%!!!
>>
>>1633612
yea, you want market cap to tell you a companies valuation, share price means nothing.
>>
>>1633623
This, they're a tech company that actually does REAL THINGS IN REAL LIFE.

That said they're also overvalued because they're a tech company and popular and so on. Less than the lifestyle ones like apple tho.
>>
>>1633973

apple pays a dividend and has a realistic p/e, you fucking braindead mongoloid.
>>
Also if Amazon comes to my country (which they look set to do) I think they'll make another killing.
>>
>>1634986
What country?
>>
>>1635030
AUS
>>
>>1635032

Already priced in to an extent.

It's a 178 P/E right now. Extreme future growth is expected for it to maintain its current price.
>>
>>1635036
wasn't it even higher? i thought they reached 1000 at some point. also the P/E is due to the fact that they are expanding very agressively. Once they have the markets they want (propably never, as they keep expanding) they are expected to make way more profit and thus lowering the ratio.
>>
>>1635036
Can you explain how the p/e of a company works? I'm interested and it's something I've not yet got my head around.
>>
>>1635166
if they don't grow anymore and have the same earings every year, in 178 years they will have made the money all the stocks combined are worth
>>
>>1633612
> how is this not a bubble?
Because its based on the market value of Amazon rather than pure speculation?
>>
>>1635124

It was higher, then they earned more money relative to the share price - thus it decreased.

I'm not saying amazon is a bad investment, just that the market is already counting on it to continue expanding.
>>
>>1633612
And thats even before they replaced all workers with droids.
>>
Just wait until trump taxes their online shit coming from China.
>>
>>1633612
Who is saying it isn't a bubble?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.