[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being rich and not famous boring? It seems like it is half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1458108552063.jpg (410KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1458108552063.jpg
410KB, 2048x1365px
Is being rich and not famous boring? It seems like it is half the fun of being rich is having people treat you better
>>
>>1633121
If youre rich you can become famous if you want.
>>
>>1633121
Fuck the famous part, that's just a hassle.
But a lot of being rich is having people charge you a lot for shit because they figure you can afford it/want a piece.
>>
>>1633132
This, fuck being famous unless you really want it. Being rich is the freedom to do almost anything in the world you want, because you have the money for it. Normal laws don't even apply to you for the most part (ex. Trump)
>>
>>1633121
Yes so boring omg don't do it why bother?
>>
For a certain period of time I was almost completely convinced that I would've become very wealthy, so I spent a significant amount of time thinking about it, and part of the argument was in fact, whether it would be worth it to be famous or not.

I think it would boil down to your personality. Some people would find it pure hell to be recognized in the street, and some people would think it would be the best thing ever.

Also there are different types of fame.
You could be a "pop" celebrity, like an actor, a singer, etc. and people would know you by your face and want a selfie with you so they could brag on FB, or you could be someone who's famous for his contribution to his field, like for example an architect, who would still be respected and treated very well in the environments that an architect would frequent, but wouldn't have the hassle of having little girls and paparazzi taking pictures of you 24/7, haters sending death threats to your parents, etc. like a musician would get.

There are also middle ground situations, such as being a president or an industry leader (like Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Henry Ford, etc).

Or you could somehow be world-famous while still be unrecognizable in your private life.
Musicians do this by masking themselves (think Daft Punk, Kiss, Marilyn Manson, or even Deadmau5, whose face/identity isn't kept secret, but people mostly know him by his mouse head, or early Lady Gaga, who used wigs and make up to drastically change her look without actually masking it), so they can kind of switch on and off their fame and live a regular life when they want to.

Personally, I'd prefer being rich and unknown (that not even a Google search of my name will give you a hint), or at most having my famous side being separated from my regular life (like the masked musicians), so that I can have complete control over my life and what people know of me.
>>
Being a celebrity sucks. Being respected and well known for who you are and what you did is nice.
>>
>>1633561
>Being a celebrity sucks
I don't know if I'd go so far as "sucks", but as I said, a fucking hassle.
I used to hang out with the host of a TV show, and we were constantly late going places because he'd always have to talk to some jagoffs who recognized him. Eventually, we would just tell him to catch up with us, and I know it bugged the shit out of him, because most of the time they were annoying hicks who would want to buy him drinks, except drinking with them was the last thing he wanted to do.
>>
You people are children.

How many of you would recognize Travis Kalanick, Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, or Drew Houston? How many of you even know who these people are?
They're all fairly young billionaires. They're all pretty fucking famous, and yet many of you probably haven't heard of them.

Fame is more than people talking about you in the media (though all of these people get media attention) and rich people are always well known within groups that matter, and rich people are obviously treated better.
>>
Being rich in my country is like having a bullseye on your chest.

I'd preffer the money without the fame.
>>
>>1633121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y1Ql-MnxIE
>>
I dont think Id want to be famous, except for maybe the leverage opportunities that come with it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.