[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muh Foundry Meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: aluminium-foundry-1.jpg (495KB, 870x596px) Image search: [Google]
aluminium-foundry-1.jpg
495KB, 870x596px
About to build my 5th and god willing my last foundry for a long time. Not my most favorite idea for my next /biz. But I seemingly have a lot more going for me than most normal anons for various reasons.

>near unlimited access to free rock screenings (lime stone dust) or can buy sand at cost and haul free assuming i build a screen.
>can order palette loads of bentonite gel
>can buy a meter and plug directly into a natual gas well a buddy has
>can buy several tons of aluminum at scrap price as the nearest scrap yard is 30 minutes away and i have friends that crash the shit out of stock cars on a dirt track. They typically stock pile aluminum car bodies and radiators until the price is good or they do some spring cleaning.
>i've heavily researched shreaders and bailers and i am confident i can build both along with a sand muller.
>making large ingots for manufactuing may be 3rd world teir shit pay still but it would also be for a hobby.
>can make large lawn statues or other art and have it anodized.
>my friends already want a 6 foot anodized party hooka with like 25 hoses and ball valves for the non used ones. Will have small shelves for alchahol wipes and various herbs to be srored. Will have half a dozen bowls and valves on the side of the hookah so you can choose what to smoke without reloading. I dont partake but i may try a tabacco or other non drug hit for luls.
>i hear the best concrete lawn sculpture molds are aluminum and i am interested in making the custom yard art as well.
>there is a place up the road that runs through massive brass bushings at an alarming rate. After hearing what they pay i almost had a heart attack. If my machinist and i can near match the quality then those bushings alone will fund this entire thing.

1/2
>>
I want to fund this with a little more than craft show tier shit.

Possibly find a sculptor and make actual bronze statues or busts and the like.

I am by no means a professional yet but if i can find a way to make this pay for itself and make some cool shit then it will be enough. Anything else is going to reinvesting in the biz or real estate.

Thoughts? Input or criticism? I have some /biz and foundry experience and i know im not getting rich over night. But making a bronze statue of anything I want is a cool conversation to have with people i would think. Or a large water fountain of bob saget or some random ass shit like that. If it does take off i can do all sorts of goofy shit for fun and pranks.

Buddy leaves for vacation. Comes home to find a 500 pound brinze bust of Milo Yannanananapolis blocking his front door with a plaque that says something about how him and my bro are gay together.

And before the claims of autism I can assure you that I am a dedicated troll and will spend months just to pull off some goofy shit.

*Sets concrete pig in front of copshop.
*turns 360° and walks away.

Any ideas on what else would sell?

I have considered getting a drill press and making bulky brass fitting and such but i really don't know.
>>
TLDR. I read "pranks and funny shit." If this is your mission don't expect to be taken seriously as a business.
>>
>>1632584
>side mission.

Yeah that is the gist of it. For strangers and the online community i will have my marketing and english major bros help me look and be legitimate. I already had a biz and have a cpa. The pranks are onlybif there os tine and give a fuck. Main goal is always freedon from wagecuckery but u gotta have fun.
>>
File: 1479758960964.jpg (9KB, 246x184px) Image search: [Google]
1479758960964.jpg
9KB, 246x184px
>>1632896
*if there is time. Jesus...
>>
>>1632570
About to start my first. Got various molds to make ingots for that efficiency. Not expecting to break big or even make a significant profit.

First project is to make dummy grenades for our reenactment group because disabled yugo nades aren't a thing in the states and even replica/inert explosive devises aren't allowed to go through postal. Get some experience with metal casting and my volunteer wants to try out forging. I myself wanted to make small bronze statues and marked replicas of ancient roman and bronze age relics. I'm open to the idea of mass-producing what is in demand, even if it is some really dumb shit for the sake of not-wageslave profit.

I live near two different recycling centers and supposedly quite a few scrapyards. I can also make a deal with a local restaurant to buy soda cans by the bag for cheap.

My main question is what other safety precautions should I take other than appropriate clothing? I have a small electric kiln that plugs into a standard US socket at the moment. If I can get open or at least flexible access to our community college's larger kilns, I would be able to focus on large projects and hopefully for cheap. I've been avoiding propane because I haven't yet learned how to use and store them without exploding.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.