[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anon ever benefited from cronyism in one form or another?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (18KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
18KB, 300x278px
Has anon ever benefited from cronyism in one form or another?

Do you think cronyism damages the fabric of society and economic growth?

Do you think it should be outlawed?
>>
>>1632288
No
Yes
Yes
>>
>>1632288
Yes
No
Maybe
>>
>>1632288
yes
yes
maybe
>>
>>1632288
Yes - Got a job at a company because the owner is a good friend of my stepfather.
Yes - If somebody isn't qualified for a job but get it anyway, it hurts the company and if severe enough this could ripple out to the economy at large. But does it damage the fabric of society? No, if anything it strengthen it by encouraging close in-group connections.
No - If people want to run their company into the ground, let them. But it should be illegal in government and publicly funded companies.
>>
File: 1422148162931.jpg (78KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1422148162931.jpg
78KB, 636x636px
>>1632288
>Has anon ever benefited from cronyism in one form or another?
Yes, I got a job in deployment systems due to a recommendation from a friend. One of the interviewers knew me vaguely and pushed to have me hired. Then again, nobody is trained in Deployment Systems unless they have a job in it already. Most people don't even know what it is and colleges have 0 courses on it.

>Do you think cronyism damages the fabric of society and economic growth?
No, overpopulation damages the fabric of society and economic growth. Cronyism is a natural response, ensuring the people you know do well when resources are more scarce (we have more than double the population we had in 1965)

>Do you think it should be outlawed?
No, government regulation always fucks up when dealing with national economic policies. The only economic point of a government is to properly handle tax revenue to serve the public and to protect it from international differences (tariffs on cheap outsourced labor and money manipulators)
>>
>>1632359
>No, if anything it strengthen it by encouraging close in-group connections.
When I said society I meant the entire population as a whole.

Some might argue that close-knit groups in the population might hurt the meritocracy of a society as a whole
>>
>>1632378
>properly handle tax revenue to serve the public
The law mirrors the values of a country and it takes it power from the inhabitants.

So is making sure inequal hiring practices are not practiced, even in the private sector that benefits from the law, not also a form of serving the public (interest) ?
>>
File: 1468886818849.jpg (315KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468886818849.jpg
315KB, 786x800px
>>1632386
You misinterpret my meaning and/or I worded it poorly. I don't mean they should be serving the public in all ways and tax revenue is a major one, I mean that their one major job is to handle tax revenue, and they shouldn't suck at it.

If the government gets involved in hiring practices you end up with shit like Affirmative Action and Racial Quotas. Bureaucracies suck at nearly everything, and if you put in anti-cronyism LAWS instead of private corporate policies you'll end up with tens of thousands of cases where small town people are banned from their profession (or have to move to work) because their uncle/friend's dad/mom work or have a manager position at the only relevant job in town, like say a plumbing business, because they'd be blocked from being hired if literally anyone else remotely qualified applies. The capitalist response is to have them open their own, except they'd have to compete against their own family.

This is the kind of law that looks good on paper and gives the idea of being "noble" but in reality would be manipulated in lawsuits so hard that 2-3 decades down the line you'd be accused of being worse than Boomers for fucking future generations over.
>>
People from India love nepotism. They only hire other Indians because they put family ties first. Since people from India are taking over technology in America this trend will continue.
>>
yes
yes
impossible
>>
Yes - Uncle owned an HVAC repair and installation company. My whole family was in the HVAC business at one point. He hired me in as a "supervisor" where really all I did was sit on my ass and make sure people didn't grab ass in the machine shop. He didn't want me to start as a gopher boy.

Yes - Same job. I didn't know shit what I was doing since I was younger than most of the long term employee's who had way more experience than I did.

No - No way it'll be outlawed because then what'll the Government do?
>>
yes
Yes
Yes
>>
>>1632288
yes
yes
sorry thats not how the world works
>>
File: 1470667673455.jpg (69KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
1470667673455.jpg
69KB, 678x678px
if you live in america
you are benefiting from you're proximity to the investments of the founding "fathers".
>>
>>1632288
Yep, although it was still mostly my own doing since there were tests to pass

Yes

Maybe
>>
>>1632288

>Has anon ever benefited from cronyism in one form or another?

no

>Do you think cronyism damages the fabric of society and economic growth?

absolutely yes, my former Boss fired 3 guys and hired 2 of his friends and his wife in their stead.

>Do you think it should be outlawed?

to a point, if its a small family business with like 1-2 outside employees its unavoidable. Once you get up to about 10 employees there should be laws yes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.