[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wordpress general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: QhIbDRt.jpg (347KB, 1218x1352px) Image search: [Google]
QhIbDRt.jpg
347KB, 1218x1352px
Newbies, pros, intermediates get in here. Share how your wordpress website is coming along, what plugins you're using, what plugins you're not using, tips, tricks, advice. Anything wordpress is welcome. Post your shitty website for feedback. Ask questions, give answers. Get your business started now.

Lets make some of that """""""passive""""""" income /biz/

I hope to make this a regular thread and will update the OP with relevant information and resources as time goes by.

>What is wordpress?
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP.

>Wordpress.org vs Wordpress.com?
WordPress.org is where you can grab your own copy of the WordPress blogging/Content Management System (CMS) software for free. It currently powers 24% of the web. WordPress.com is a commercial site where you can host your own site for free, but with some limitations. It runs on the open source WordPress platform co-created by Matt Mullenweg and his company called Automattic

>The Wordpress Bible
https://codex.wordpress.org/

>Download wordpress
https://wordpress.org/
>>
STINKY FEETS
>>
>>1631730
>What is PHP?
huge pile of jewish garbage that is impossible to properly debug without paying shekels to the jews

>What is Bible?
huge pile of jewish garbage that is impossible to properly decipher without paying shekels to the jews

i get it now
>>
>>1632713
Thank you for your valuable input.

Any one have experience with Ultimate Member? I'm thinking of buying the core extensions package
>>
My website is fully functional using free plugins only. I need to buy paid extensions now.

anyone lurkin here?
>>
I have a wordpress ecommerce site using woocommerce plugin.
>>
>>1633344
how much are you making currently? is your site very customized? did you just do it off the top of your head or did you plan it out on paper?

im not making an ecommerce site. im developing a platform in a niche that has no other service like it. its pretty complicated, all the interconnected pages and forms and shit i have still yet to implement. hopefully it takes off. i dont know how to market at all.

im thinking ill start locally to start building a reputation and community of members.
>>
How are you making passive income off of Wordpress? Ads or do you actually have a business on the site?
>>
>>1633401
I don't have any passive income yet. I'm not sure if I will be putting ads on my website. Perhaps affiliate marketing.

My main source of income will be facilitating specific transactions between users
>>
I want to create a website, nice looking, but little more than information and a contact me page.

Should i figure out how to buy and use a template, or learn this wordpress stuff?
>>
>>1633344
>>1633391
samefag here. My site launched in August and has generated about $15k in sales so far. I wont say what I sell because the space is crowded as is. The thing is I have a full-time career which takes up most of my time so it can be difficult to focus on my site. Plus it's just me. I customized the site with js and css and rewrote certain lines of code in the woocommerce plugin to enhance the ux. I am not a trained webdev but I learned php and advanced css quickly from many resources online. For the business itself I did plan out on paper. For the site I just went off top and used other ecommerce sites as inspiration.
>>
I'm working on opening a blog with tutorials about my specific subject that will be mostly text, but will also have videos for obvious reasons.

What's a good free modern theme that gets the attention of normies (things like a minimalistic look, huge header with a full-width picture, etc.)?
>>
>>1633468
Might aswell go for squarespace
>>
>>1633643

That's like 90$ a year.
>>
Guys how hard is it to set up a site with wordpress.org ? I'm currently thinking of migrating two sites I have that currently run on cargocollective to my own webspace and use wordpress. Is this a good idea? I know a tiny bit of css and html, nowhere near enough to build a good site without heavy template copying. My needs are very simple though, I don't need anything fancy at all on my sites.

Will I regret this decision???
>>
>>1633702
WordPress is not hard to learn, but it is hard to master. There are tons of idiots with WordPress websites.

I've started my first WordPress site a week ago and my website looks better than many of the sites I see linked in community help forums. I know only a tiny bit of HTML and no CSS and I haven't needed to use any of it. It may be useful down the line for me but so far I have a functioning website that's missing some complex features that I need to pay for or code myself.

>>1633512
I like optimizer

>>1633468
WordPress has tons of themes and plugins. Just make trial accounts on square space and wix and compare them to WordPress. You can locally host your website on WordPress and not have to pay while you develop it. It won't be accessible on the internet though
>>
Is the premium plan for WordPress.com worth it? My blog gets about 30,000 hits a month, and I was contemplating monetizing it now. (I only update it two or three times a month, so I'm sure I could maybe double my traffic if I actually put effort into maintaining it.)
>>
>>1634159
Isn't it only like $9.00 a month? You'd at least break even I'm sure. With that kind of traffic some affiliate marketing would also help pay for the hosting fee
>>
>>1634214
Will I automatically be able to use Wordads though? Or do I have to apply and get accepted? The only reason I want the premium plan is for being able to run ads.
>>
>>1631730
I've published a couple of plugins, but I don't know how to monetize it, so I just do it for free.
>>
>>1634159
Pay to migrate your site to your own hosting plan and domain.
>>
>>1634300
look at what other plugins do and follow their lead.

develop an enticing and useful plugin
allow users to use part of it for free
make sure the free version is useful and bug free
make users pay for additional features/extensions and support
>>
What's better for an ecommerce site, oscommerce or wordpress with woocommerce?
>>
>>1634562
i doubt there is any meaningful difference. i imagine wordpress would allow for more customization. whats more important is making a decision and actually starting the website building process
>>
>>1631730
I want to do a WordPress website as well, but I'm kinda of a perfectionist. I don't want my website going live while barely having anything. Is there any way I can tweak and shape my web page before launching it live?

From googling it seems that there are some programs that allow me to do that (WAMP, etc), but this thread just popped up and I wanted some input on this matter.
>>
>>1634636
You can can take time to tweak and customize your wordpress site then launch it when ready. I spent close to three month customizing and making sure I had enough products to sell on my site.

WAMP allows you to access the local server on your computer as well as acess phpmyadmin SQL database.
>>
>>1634636
Yes you can host it locally and not pay a cent while working on it. I use XAMPP for this
>>
Namecheap is doing a huge sale on domains and other services right now until Monday. They claim 98% savings on setting up a website. Check it out if you're looking to build a website - now's the time.
>>
>>1635518
Also, a friend of mine made a guide to do all of this. There's a hosting referral on the website, just so you know. Remove the referral if you don't want to use it.
https://www.bettrfastr.com/
>>
How the FUCK do I get wordpress to work. This shit is waaay too fucking complicated. Jesus christ.
>>
>>1635562
Breh it's so easy. What are you having difficulties with
>>
>>1635562
>wordpress
>complicated
buy some kneepads.
>>
>>1636061

Well I did a shared hosting plan on 1&1, I do have several domains registered, and I downloaded the wordpress.org folder thingy.

I have absolutely no idea how to 'connect' it all. I've tried many guides and instructions and they all seem to miss some info at some point down the line. How can this be considered so easy if I can't figure out? I'm not complete retarded (I think)...
>>
>>1636330
you have to install wordpress on your page
>>
>>1636333
this is the guide i used
>>
>>1636336
fuck

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-installation.htm
>>
https://truelibertyproject.wordpress.com
>>
>>1636342
that background is pretty ghastly
>>
Anyone here blogging for affiliate marketing? How do you pick a niche? I don't have enough knowledge in one niche to blog about regularly.

Do you just pick one and read a shit ton of books and stuff so you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>1636865
What's your day job? If it's technical you can write about that. You'll learn more about your job and make some passive income
>>
>>1631730
>passive income
>spend hours working on it

shut up already with this stupid meme
>>
>>1637028
Blue collar wage cuck. People are more likely to pay to not learn things about what I do. I'm looking for a way out of it.
>>
>>1637031
That's why it's in 5 quotations. Go back to your retarded coin gambling threads while intelligent people actually work on building a product
>>
>>1637040
well i dont think a blog is going to get you out of your dayjob. if thats what you want to do i'd focus more on building an online business of some kind
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.