[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Focus on several money-making endeavors or just one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 6 (1).jpg (22KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
6 (1).jpg
22KB, 852x480px
I've got many ideas for making money.

Problem is, I think, is that my attention and focus will be all over the place if I try do them all. Is this a good thing or bad thing? Does focusing on many things at once make you lose focus on important things or neglect others?
>>
There should be an obvious cash cow that will pay quickly and immediately. Most people get a regular day job for this one. You'all never get rich on it but hey - bread and butter.

Then, once that's handled, pick your first choice to swing for the fences and get set for lyyyyfe.

If that doesn't work out then you should still have a bunch of options to work through.
>>
Ask people what they think about your products/services. Whichever one gets the best response you focus on. Others are put on the back burner. If you try to focus on all of them, they will be mediocre and fail.
>>
>>1631632
Start off on several. Segment time responsible.
When one is head-and-shoulders more profitable than others, focus on it full time.

???

PROFIT!!
>>
File: FmRBF.jpg (102KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
FmRBF.jpg
102KB, 480x270px
This is the most important thing you will learn. The pain you feel is knowing that doing 1 thing means you are forgoing the others.

The analogy I use is water boils as 212F. You can heat it all you want to 211F and wonder why it never goes off. Same with business. It takes a massive amount of effort to start and work on anything worth doing. Spreading your focus on multiple things means you are making it near impossible to finish any of them.

Execution is the 1 thing that makes it happen. A good idea is worthless without amazing execution. Don't hamper yourself by doing 50 things at once. I am guessing this is your first crack at making money. That's cool. You can either

A - pick 1 idea at random and run it into through. No offense, but starting out you are going to learn lots and make lots of mistakes. Your idea might be totally horrible and would never work. Or it might be workable by someone with more capital, expeierence, and marketing than you presently have. But that's ok. It doesn't mean you a person sucked.

B - Select the top 3 ideas you have. You know what they are. Spend a little bit of time doing customer interviews, MVP, whatever to see which one will have the best traction. Then run with that till it's profitable, a complete bust, or you're sick of it.

I would do B. You - as a person - are both a benefit and a weakness to your endeavor. Your creativity and drive are great, but after that it's all about the customer's needs. Getting them involved asap as you're formulating your plan is awesome.

But once you decide that's it. Don't look back. You have committed (which is hard and brave to do)
>>
>>1631722
this tbqh. Focus on one at a time, then branch out as you get them down pat and get more experience. If you're at all worried that you might not be able to run so many businesses at once effectively, just dish out a small salary to have a skilled sub-boss manage each for you.
>>
>>1631640

this. find the best one and put everything into it.
>>
>>1631632

Keep trying stuff until something makes money. Then put all your focus on that something.

48 laws of power, find an oil well and then drill it until it's dry.
>>
>>1631722
>not understanding physics well enough to know that water can boil at 211F
>>
>>1631842
>he's obviously assuming p = 1 atm you fag
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.