[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illegal? Giving Away Information to Competitor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Let's say I hate the company I work for in kind of a big way. Is it illegal to contact a competitor and give them information about our pricing strategies, management conversations, sales, etc as long as I didn't give out personal information? I'm not under contract of any form, nor am I NDAed but I am part of decision making processes.

We have a major competitor moving in nearby and our store is terrified of losing business to them. Would it be illegal for me to be an informant for the competitor anonymously and free? For example, could I give them schedules of when and what items we're putting on sale so they can always put on better sales at the same time? If I contact our competitor, would they be interested or would they turn me down?

I realize I should leave if I'm feeling this way but if it isn't illegal, I'd be interested in doing this.
>>
100% legal just don't give them the offers
>>
>>1631480
What do you mean by "the offers"?
>>
Also, any business savvy folk that have advice on what sort of info would be best, let me know. If you were my competitor, what info would you want?
>>
They will probably approach your company about any offer you make.
>>
>>1631510

This. If the opposing business has any sense of ethics this will happen and you will get fucked.

Think rationally. Offer your services as a consultant, let them know where you work and offer them value.

Don't just come at them all "PLEASE FUCK MY BOSS IN THE ASS, HERE ARE THE KEYS TO THE LOCKS". You're being retarded.
>>
>>1631475
Just be careful, someone tried to sell the COKE formula to PEPSI and Pepsi flat out hung up and called the FBI on them. Take that with a grain of salt. Or you can just anonymously mail them a packet full of information and mark the sender as "Disgruntled employee from X company"
>>
>>1631475

> Is it legal
95% sure its is

> Can I be sued
your boss could sue you

> Should I do this
only if you def wont get caught and you can make serious $
>>
Why free tho
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.