[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: shareholders.jpg (15KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
shareholders.jpg
15KB, 320x220px
Sup /biz/,

Basically I've been doing landscaping gigs this summer and people keep calling. How do I go about starting my small landscaping business? I know I have to file ownership of it and etc but what about financial wise? I don't want to pay Mr. Goldberg to count my shekels. Do I get quickbooks or something?

Aside from that, anybody here own a small business? What do you do and how's the market treating ya?
>>
I own a wedding invitation business with my girlfriend.

All you have to do to "start" a small business is get calls and make money in my opinion. You should only worry about anything else later.

Promote your business on instagram, facebook or whatever is most popular in your area. If you get too many jobs, hire someone.

I once did a trade show and it was expensive, tiring and it didn't get us many customers, but we did make some good business contacts.

That's all I've learned I think.
>>
>>1631081
Take the calls and then show up and take their money. Shit it's not that hard. Second thread I've seen today where someone is offered money for business and they come here and say "wat do i do biz"
>>
File: obey,goyim.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
obey,goyim.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>1631145
what about taxes?
>>
Own a pest control business here.

I would recommend Jobber software, it does all the accounting you need to do taxes, will integrate with quick books if you decide to add that later.

Very good scheduling system, cheap, cloud based, etc. Can process credit cards through email link, autopay with etc.

I will email you a referral link if you can leave your email here. It's a free trial but we both get $75 credit if you decide to purchase it (if you sign up through my link)
>>
>>1631167
file as a small business owner. Taxes are high but you can write off fucking everything. Internet cost (to advertise), car pmt, and even food.
>>
>>1631167
File to become an LLC
>>
>>1631081

Been there, done that.

If it's just you, take cash. And if they insist on a check then go to the bank of that check and cash it.

Boom, all cash, no paper trail. The ONLY thing this will hurt you with is that you will not be able to buy a home since you can't show income to qualify for the mortgage.

BUT if you're gonna grow or be legit, that means you need to pay taxes. Which means an LLC, a business bank account, and filing your taxes at the end of the year.

And if you're gonna go this route you could probably just use Turbotax. They have an option for small business and it is simple.

Only final tip I would add is, make a little website to make yourself more legit, and also print up some business cards.
>>
The company that I work underneath forces my customers and I to sign an indemnity clause that protects me from them.

I do not need to hold any sort of E&O or other insurance or licenses, and I do not need to raise capital or take loans that I would be personally responsible for as a sole proprietor.

Is there any tax reason to operate under an LLC versus just operating as a sole proprietor? All the money I make comes directly to me anyways and I pay SE taxes on it regardless right?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.