/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me your opinion on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: musicz.jpg (16KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
musicz.jpg
16KB, 900x900px
Greetings
I got an idea for business last night and i keep thinking about it.I want to get a few pov from you.
I m thinking about building an online platform for booking musicians,bands...etc for events or things like that.I google it and aparently there is a platform like this(sonicbids)But i m from east europe so here we dont have something similar.Do you think it might be a viable idea ?
>>
>>1629790
Micro or macro ??
What college ?
>>
*rubs hands*

I would be happy to give you many good pointers friend! But please give lots and lots of details about this venture.
>>
>>1629802
macro
what colegge ????
>>
>>1629810
Well i dont have lots of details yet,i just dreamed this last night .But i m thinking the concept should be to mediate the booking of a band.Like amazon gets a % from transaction.
It would need a database with bands,from various genres,description ,portofolio of songs,a few audio/video samples and their payments.You can book them through the site,negociate and stuff like this
>>
>>1629818
of course when the site gets acquainted im thinking about changing the tactics.you make subscriptions for bands or musicians that want to be found in your site,and paid adds for those who want to be on top search
>>
>>1629790
Well it kinda depends, are you europeans the out going type who go to festivals and music shows? if so then its a good idea, if not then its a shit idea.
I'll give you an example:
When BlaBlaCar (french ride sharing startup) tried to introduce its platform to the UK, they quickly realised that they were failing, not because they were doing something wrong, but because british people hate sharing rides, and refuse to do it, for whatever reason.
Timing is also quite a big factor... look at your social media, check the news... if there is a rise in the ammount of people wanting to book musicians and bands, or just wanting to go to live performances in general, then now would be a great time to start, if not, then you are much more likely to fail.
>>
>>1630638
Hmm Im talking about Romania btw,The people are the out going type.They dont have much money on the other side.But from empirical info there are rather pretty much live events.Do you have to recommand and amrket researching tools ?beside google
>>
>>1630687
Get out of your comfort spot and go talk to people, if theres a theatre in your area go and talk to them, and ask if they get regular shows and if so how many people show up.
If I were in your position, I'd find a field, any field, it doesnt matter which one, and I'd make sure that the ground on this field was grassy, and flat.
I'd set up a stage and an area for food/drink stands, and basically, set up your own music festival, invite local bands or high school/college bands or artists to play and perform, make sure you tell people to bring a shit ton of alcohol, drugs and condoms, make that shit the funnest thing in the country!!! Then brand yourself, give the festival a name and set a date for when the festival will occur, it could be semi-annually or it could be annually, or even more frequently, up to you.
You will make a lot more money, and find more fulfilment out of doing that than creating a booking platform, I have to say, from an entrepreneurial point of view, that your idea does not stand a chance.
Dont take it personally, take my advice and go make some fucking money! You got this!
>>
Some dude made an app like this, except it's not only for musicians but for every professional, photographers, etc..
https://www.rockmytask.it/
Don't know if it can really works, it just seems like another start up surfing on the hype of personal services
>>
>>1630823
I appreciate but it may not be as you think.It s not like i need the motivation or stuff like this,I m actually studying business in college now and i have lots of ideas but this one kept me thinking.I dont want to be a music festival manager or anything like that,though i know it can mae lots of money.
I will have to ask you to give some more details why you think it would nt work ,from your entrepreneurial point of view.Thx a lot
>>
>>1630823
This guy sounds on-point.
In fact running your own festivals is the best way to promote an online booking website because now you have proof that it works: bands will associate you with actual gigs, with crowds. Plus it's a great way to get exposure and directly attach your brand to the youth market.

If you can find a specific kind of festival as well, something that relies on the networking effect so it's difficult for others to copy or steal from you then you can make some big money. A booking website can only make money through taking a commission which needs scale to make it viable.

By being a promoter you can create a vertically integrated startup: take commission on bookings, even if they aren't for your own festival, profit from ticket sales, and have end to end customer metrics and CX.
>>
>>1631702
Thx for your advice but again,i dont wanna be a promoter.
i m living in Romania,a country that nobody wants to do some hard work,everybody is looking for a deal,a commission.Trust me ,,,,there are tons of promoters.
>>
>>1629790
>>1629810
*rubs hands harder*

OP you don't understand that you just gave away an idea for a potentially very successful venture: its everybody's idea now.

and as soon as someone finds a way to patent this; any chance of your success is down the drain
>>
>>1631887
oh please.

The idea is 2% of the success. Actual quality of the product and marketing is the rest. Even Facebook could be beat with enough of that.

Proof:
Myspace
AIM Instant messenger
Kazaa
Yahoo
>>
>>1631887
a wise man told me once that we are 7 bilion people on this planet.statisticaly there is a big chance that someone is thinking about the same idea as you right now.Unless you are from romania and you got 50k under your bed ,i m not very afraid that you might still my idea.
I think it s rather important to share your idea and to ask for other s opinion
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.