[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>instead of being a poor fag living in $500/month apartments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1476044652325.jpg (65KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
1476044652325.jpg
65KB, 680x818px
>instead of being a poor fag living in $500/month apartments infested with niggers
>find 3 people with similar interests
>rent 4 bedroom house together for <$2,000/month spending $500/month on housing

Why don't people do this? I'm 22 and want to find people who enjoy fishing and /out/ to rent a house together. I don't want to rent a room from complete strangers. I only made $2,500 a month and don't want to be home poor spending half of my income on housing.
>>
Buy a house rent out a bedroom to someone who seems cool. Win-win.
>>
File: 1439164267053.jpg (1003KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1439164267053.jpg
1003KB, 4500x4334px
Because befriending cool people and convincing them to share their living space with you takes ultra-high social skill? Don't forget what website you are on.
>>
File: 1475375634996.jpg (36KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1475375634996.jpg
36KB, 380x380px
>>1626447
Well never thought of that. Does it actually work? I always see YouTubers who basically do the same content living together in houses. I'd like to do the same with fishing bros. Have a few flat screens in the living room for watching sports. Basement full of video games and man cave. Big cool house we all split together. But sadly, my interests aren't what other people's interests are my age. They're into talking about fluid genders and how to be a top tier faggot. I'm more into sports and going /out/ and hobbies. All of my friends are 10-20 years older than me with families of their own. They wouldn't be interested in my plan.
>>
>>1626448
This website is not what it was 5-10 years ago. It's basically Reddit for hipsters too cool for Reddit and edgy teenagers. Maybe a few people from old /b/ still exist.
>>
>>1626449
Finding roommate s that you can tolerate and that tolerate you is tough, especially four of them at once. How will billing/utilities work, especially if someone moves out? There won't be four names on the lease either.

Four young guys sharing a kitchen/bathrooms? Good luck to you
>>
I'm currently doing this I'm 22 also but my faggot roommates don't like fishing
>>
There are lots of politics and money shit with room mates.

What if you have to "just float my rent payment this month, brah"?

What if they take hour-long hot showers and then split the utility bill 50-50?

What if they don't clean up? Have parties in the night when you have to work the next day?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but there's definitely a trade-off.
>>
>>1626484
I know that through experience. Bills and utilities would be split equally. If somebody moves out, we'd have to split the share until we find a replacement. It would take at least 1-2 people that I know well and I'm confident we could share the house together, then fill the other vacancies.

As for finding a proper roommate, financially the cost of rent and utilities would have to be no more than 1/3 their income. And then we'd have to see if we'd actually get along. Go on a few fishing trips together. See what else they're into. How their job schedule is. Do they look like a clean person or a slob that wears the same shirt 3 days in a row and chain smokes 2 packs a day.

>>1626496
>What if you have to "just float my rent payment this month, brah"?
Other roommates would vote what to do. I'd always vote for eviction.

>What if they take hour-long hot showers and then split the utility bill 50-50?
Bills will be split evenly. I'm sure 1 person will take hour long showers and another person will wash laundry constantly every day, and another that constantly leaves lights on. Between 4 people, the odds of only one being lazy with saving utilities would be low.

>What if they don't clean up? Have parties in the night when you have to work the next day?
No parties. Wash dishes you use after you finish cooking/eating. Keep your own rooms clean. Common areas would stay clean between all of us. If one is lazy and doesn't do anything, then he'd probably be kicked out.

It's not hard to deal with human beings. I've had roommates since I was 19. Just never had 2-3 roommates in a house with more responsibility.
>>
>>1626451
Your a reddit
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 307x164px
>>1626446
Because I like to enjoy my own private toilet
>>
>>1626506

>being a bossy know it all

And why would a bunch of early 20s adults pay to live with someone like you who thinks he owns the place?
>>
>>1626506
landlords hate this shit and probably won't go for it. is your name on the lease? because they won't want to amend it every few months everytime someone moves out/in. utilities often require deposits which makes things complicated.
cleanliness you can vet for the most part but you never really know, and even then there will be behaviour that pisses you off coming from everybody.
voting for eviction is nice unless people are friends, and there is a legal issue here as well--can you actually evict anyone? the landlord wont want to change locks ever, even once a year.
you think that the individual behaviours that piss others off like leaving lights on, etc will balance out, but they will more than likely cause problems to compound instead.
No parties? what a deal. next.
dishes aren't too tricky, who's washing the toilet and the kitchen floors and the fridge and the counters? work out a schedule I guess.
>it's not hard to deal with human beings
ok...sure...

I mean it is possible. but you either need a shitty house with no one who cares about anything(doable) or you need nice shit with responsible people who always clean and never party(not doable). Ultimately you are betting on people's ability to be flexible and responsible, and I find both of these characteristics to be fleeting at best.
>>
>>1626446

Because finding 3 responsible like-minded people to live together with that you don't want to kill in six months is much harder than it sounds.
>>
>>1626808
This is a solid post.
If you have the people skills to make a 4-man living arrangement work, those same skills can let you launch your own business or successfully insert yourself in an existing structure. Then you could afford this 2k home on your own.
>>
>>1626451
head back to r*ddit buddy
>>
>>1626451
>Maybe a few people from old /b/ still exist.
I will ask you politely to go backtoleedit
>>
>>1627988
>>1628682

Found the people who's opinions got downvoted on Reddit so they came to 4chan and are "wtf I hate Reddit now". Hello 99% of 4chan users.
>>
File: 1476247743880.png (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1476247743880.png
12KB, 160x160px
living with strangers sounds like the craziest shit idk how you people do that

I would legit rather live in my car
>>
Buy house and rent out the rooms instead. Now you're thinking like biz
>>
>>1626446
I think I am qualified to weigh in on this

I live with two guys and we share a 1400 square feet apartment in a very central area close to the university we all study at and work which is related to nightlife bartending.

Monthly rent is about $640 each including utlities, internet etc.

I have a huge ass room with private bathroom and shower and a pretty comfy view. The apartment is very high standard and my room is about 350 square feet, about 15 feet to the ceiling.

However, money and politics is very real and conflict arise on occassions but one of the other guys is super cool and laid back and the other is never home.
>>
How can I jerk off in front of the TV if I have roommates?
>>
File: 1479660742259.png (341KB, 624x365px) Image search: [Google]
1479660742259.png
341KB, 624x365px
>>1626446
Brcausr roomates suck dick. Dont get me wrong. I didbhave the time of my life. But poorfags buy no toilet paper. Fridge is empty. Best deadbolt your bedroom door or have one. Lol. Best and worst times ever. 10 dudes in a 2 bedroom dublex. Both sides. Then 5 guys in a 2 bedroom house. Makes for good times but lots of drama.

>mfw my buddy found a dildo another buddy used on his gf cause he had something so they couldnt bang.
>mfw we recorded him slaping said dildo accross the face of another roomate.
>mfw apparently it also lets u fuck the backside and i watched my roomate USE A CUM DUMPSTER TO HIT AND EXPLODR JIZZ ALL OVER THE 2.
>mfw i puked everywhere and almost choked to death laughing.
>mfw we showed buddy the tspe and him and gf split over it because he couldnt stop laughing.
>mfw the duplex bexomes "the commune because we all commune there."
>mfw for over a year we got everyone in town to call it the commune before anon says we are all communists and have been for a year.
>mfw 1 anon a cop and they gear up for a raid only to find that "the pot dealer" they were going to bust was his/my roomate who hides a bong in his pc and only trades weed for beer.
>mfw 15 years latter these are all still my best friends.
>mfw buddy is open a comic shop December 1st and we bring back Brood War.

STARCRAFT TEAM USA GOGOGOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!

Just depends man. My bro used to be a coke dealer. Bust ass with fiance for 2 years and get a nice apartment. He drives 4 hours to buy bricks a block away... sells to retarded gangbangers. I got a few pro atheletes buddies. They all live together. Cheap. And they only use the crib for sleep and fuck. Training otherwise.
>>
>>1626448
This also. U can be an autist if they trust u tho. Dont forget 1 missing piece of toast can cause tension...
>>
>>1629236
>10 dudes in a 2 bedroom dublex
yuropoor detected
>>
>>1626449
Sucks mate. Same here. Kind of strange. One of my best friends and i short of hanging out in his shop do not even talk. And i call him to ask of his kid wants to dd. Kid 11 years younger and he 10 years older. His wife likes to party and short of her getting DRUNK and shoving my face into her tits without me knowing we dont have innapropriate relations. I feel like i drink too much and act like a tard over there but he puts up with my shit cause i got his back and wont fuck his wife... kinda fucked i guess but whatever. Walking distance drinking buddies are hard to find and all the faggots around here think you are saying "your beer" when u say uber...
>>
>>1626451
Class of 04 checking in. If i cant beat hiros fucking spam soon i am done for good... honestly the only thing i come to 4chin for now is for quick responses ro a failed google serch or to talk someone who os 70% of the time trolling off a ledge. My best bro an hero this year. I am still trying to "accidently" put a bittle to my head and pull the fucking trigger... no luck yet.
>>
>>1626496
Yeah. Been there. Being the boss seems to help but they treat u like a manager and hate u
>>
>>1626506
We cut a hole and put a dude in the attic. One caught his bed on fire cause it was in the washing closet with the dryer and hot water heater. Gas heater love soft cotton. To this day i have pics of trash stacked in the can to the ceiling and throwing dishes away to buy thrift store shit and not wash mold. Fucking mushroom grew in the bathroom man.
>>
>>1629243
Noooope. Straight outta Kansas bruh. 28 people in my graduating class. 1 didbt actually graduate and 1 got his ged sophomore year and they ket him come to class and fuckoff. Litterally shared a playpen with some of these guys. We 30 and still live on each others couches at times. Some of us married. Some of us had kids. Sadly some of us died. But to thos day those faggots are my rock. This is why i dont an hero....
>>
>>1628990
If you have decent people skills its really no different to living with friends, there's a capacity for having room mates you won't get along with but if you can lock your bedroom door and keep an eye on your own stuff then its not really a problem.

At least in Australia, for burgers you might end up shooting each other, dunno.
>>
>>1629547
>end up shooting each other
>end up
Try "start off"
>>
>>1626506
I know fuckers like you

You post mean condescending Craigslist ads that proudly ban parties and drinking, then you wonder why only other pathetic losers and human scum that literally apply everywhere show up to see the place.
>>
>>1626446
>Why don't people do this?

because niggers want to cheap out on rent or lose their jobs because of whatever bullshit, you have to share a fridge with 4 other niggers, you have to deal with 4 niggers worth of noise/litter/problems.

having a nice comfy place is worth it if you happen to find 3 other christ figures to occupy it with you
>>
>>1626446
I am doing that right now. I'm living with my girlfriend, my best friend and his girlfriend in a townhouse for 2300, each paying 1/4th. It's really great because we all have very similar interests.
>>
>>1627914
What if you only have those people skills because of a life being a bossy asshole control-freak, but no other useful skill?
Would a company hire you as a manager solely based on your managing skills, even if you know nothing about the field the company is in?
>>
>>1629632

Yes.

Managing people is a highly coveted skill.
>>
>having to put up with shitty roomates
>eating your food
>paying bills late
>leaving a mess
>being horrible people in general
>just packing up and leaving in the middle of the night skipping out on rent
>etc, etc, etc

Fuck having roomates OP. Only move in with family, or people you are really good friends with already. Random roomates arent worth the trouble.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.