/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys/goys Just received word that I will be receiving an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1474644999938.gif (3MB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1474644999938.gif
3MB, 500x246px
Hey guys/goys

Just received word that I will be receiving an inheritance of 34k USD in february. I will also be cashing in some matured bonds within the month so by February I should have a total of 37k USD fairly suddenly. Any taxes on the inheritance have already been handled by the exector.

I was wondering if any of you have been in a similar situation and how you handled it/may have done it differently. My current plan is:

>Buy a couple bitcoins to hold because meme magic
>set aside 3.5-5k to travel this summer with a friend (southeast asia to keep it cheap)

this leaves me with about 30k left. I was thinking of two options:

>take 6-8k and putting it in a savings account to incur future moving costs/emergency money as i will be graduating college and potentially relocating (no student debt). Then put the rest in a vanguard acc. and forget about it
>or do the same but put it in laddered cd accounts so i can withdraw 1,2,3,4 years without penalties

pic related my reaction
>>
I think you have the right plan. 5k to Vaycay/snort hookers off cocaine's ass, and 5k emergency fund. Since you'll be just out of school, maybe make that closer to 10K, as you may be wandering around without a stable salary for a year.

The rest I would invest in aggressive stocks and or ETFs. If you get a little luck, 27k or so invested wisely now could triple itself or more with ten years. The high five-figure amount is your best bet as a down payment on your first home.

Final tip: As soon as you make money, move an equal amount of cash over to a Roth IRA. The max each year is $5500, and you should basically be matching that income with IRA investments funded by your inheritance.

Free money when you're young kicks so much ass. I got 70K as a Freshman in highschool, and through strategy and luck, have used it to cut the amount I need to work to succeed by 80% or more.
>>
On a similar note to OP:

I'm 24 and have $14k cash saved up from constantly adding my surplus at the end of the week over to my savings. I've thought lately if I double that money, would it be worth buying a investment property ($100-150k) that worst case if it doesn't work out I keep as a second home? Or should I just start putting it all into a CD or Roth IRA immediately?

I'm not a fan of the latter option honestly, scared I'll die in the next 20-30 years and just have a bunch of money saved up that I'll die with.
>>
>>1626313
Rental brah. The die quick mentality will leave you poor, unless you got a nice business scheme. Eat more salads and exercise and look before crossing the street.
>>
>>1626348
Already do. My fear is more not being able to use that money until I'm 60-70 and wrinkly worrying about my inheritance getting split up between three shithead kids and a crappy wife. Why I'd like to avoid something like a IRA.

I'd be tempted into something like a rental just to supplement my income though. So I should save my money and buy rental properties.
>>
>>1626277

24 doesn't feel very young though! If i had received this as a freshman, I would have already blown it on stupid shit - i was quite the shithead in highschool.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.