[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a neet who needs a job Should I apply to this business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg (7KB, 400x400px)
Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg
7KB, 400x400px
I am a neet who needs a job

Should I apply to this business? Is it hard to get hired?
>>
>>1625152
Yes

No
>>
>>1625153
What are typical interview questions?

What are the pros and cons of working for this company? Will I get food?
>>
File: 1440043485120.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1440043485120.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>1625154
Doesn't matter. They already know the type of people they don't even want for such a high turnover position. Just don't smell like weed, cigarettes, or booze, don't talk like a wigger, showcase that you won't be flaky and you're golden. Good luck OP.
>>
>>1625154
Never worked for McDonalds but I am almost entirely sure there is no set standard for interview questions.

As for questions i've been asked the most, usually stuff like "Why do you want to work here?" and "Tell me a bit about yourself" which you will spend most of your time talking on. There is nothing wrong with saying the truth as long as you don't open with "I need money." Saying the place is close by and convenient conveys that you can get there on time.

Pros
>money

Cons
>working

I had one friend who worked there who used to always come home with some food from there so maybe?
>>
>>1625159
I only ever really see highschool students working at my nearby mcdonalds though

>>1625162
Ok I will try

Maybe this will help me lose my virginity
>>
>>1625166
My only advice is that if you aren't hired, it's not because they had better candidates. The service industry basically doesn't give a shit about your personal experience. It's usually just because they think the turnover for that person is going to be lower or they can fit more of some pre-determined schedule they aren't going to show you.

You should still apply to other places.
>>
>>1625166
>>1625166
Maybe that's the best they can get. Try to prove you're a better fit in terms of being reliable. But don't demean the current staff in front of the hiring manager, that could backfire if they're friends. Like another Anon said, most businesses already have in mind what kind of schedule to work out with new hires. Flexibility is a HUGE advantage in this industry, try to flaunt yours without using the term NEET.
>>
Hey OP, I worked at Wendy's in the past during my neet days, I'll give you some tips.

#1. They will hire anybody, usually at any time
#2. For the interview, location is key, find a place nearby and tell them you live close, this makes you more reliable.
#3 for my interview I mentioned that I eat there before and notice that it is fast and well managed which is why I want to work there.

When you start you will get very few hours here and there, this is them testing you. You just need to perform during those times, do the work that needs to be done etc and you will get more and more hours until you get full time.

The way fast food works is that the place is understaffed during slow periods and staffed up the ass during heavy periods (lunch/dinner). So at first they will only bring you in for 2-3 hours during the heavy chaotic periods. Once you can show that you're not a complete retard, you will get more hours in the other periods.

As for the job itself, it can be fun and fulfilling if your coworkers are fun people. It can be challenging and a good place to learn new skills etc, especially for NEET scum like yourself.
>>
>>1625172
>>1625178
Should I make up a cover story as to why I'm not in university?
>>
>>1625180
Mine is slow and very poorly managed and inefficient.

Can I say I've eaten there a lot and noticed this problem which I believe I can improve and be an important asset?

Or would that be insulting
>>
>>1625181
No, they don't care
>>
>>1625180
As for perks, its different at different places but I was able to get 50% off my food while I was in the clock. Not exactly a huge perk but one nonetheless.

Not terrible to grab a $10 meal for $5 before I went home, kept food costs down but it's not the healthiest food.
>>
>>1625185
That would be autistic and insulting to say.

You are nert scum, if I were hiring I would be thinking "what the fuck does this kid know about what it takes to manage a mcdicks" just tell them you think it's well managed even if it isn't. Basically you want to imply that it looks like a strong team that you want to be a part of.

Saying you want to fix it is implying you are better at running a mcdicks then they are, which is a retarded thing to say.
>>
>>1625192
But business people always say "Find a flaw and then be/make a solution".

wouldn't that demonstrate my understanding of what I can offer the business?

It's terribly inefficient. Several times they've missed items from my order, completely forgotten it until I asked them about it because I waited 15mins+ and people after me got theirs, or plain idiotic things like throwing lettuce ON top of the bun instead of between.
>>
>>1625198
Dude it's a mcdicks, you are applying to flip burgers not manage a restaurant.

They want a warm body that will reliability burger flip on command, not a business partner.
>>
From what I've learned it depends heavily on the location. I would reccomend you to apply to a restaurant thay is owner by mcdonalds. Franchisers are most of the time poorly managed and are understaffed. Which however does give you the ability to stand out and get promoted more quickly.

For the rest; pay is shit, very labour intensive so if you have another option take it.
My time there thought me a lot about corporate structure and gave me a good sense of what working at full speed is like
>>
>>1625199
I guess you're right

Is there any way I can move up in the world from mcdonalds? I'm thinking about writing a bunch of fake resumes and applying to hundreds of places to see what sticks.
>>
>>1625207
>move up in the world from mcdonalds
If you don't mind making less than 50K gross at 50 y/o
>>
I tried to apply for a job at McNig's years ago in California when I was younger.

They literally only hire mexicans. Most likely illegal ones at that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.