[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i fuck him over, or nah?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: Justin-Bieber-Car.jpg (481KB, 1782x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Justin-Bieber-Car.jpg
481KB, 1782x1200px
Hey guys I am trying to fuck over my "partner" / boss... I have been working for his trade magazine for more than 4 years. Well... in the last year he stopped doing any work and told me I could just keep any money I made from advertising. It's not so much, only 6k this year. But that's all a direct result from my own work, he did nothing in 2016.

It's become obvious that he wants to try to SELL THE BUSINESS to our competitors. Which is crazy because I have put so much work into these past years and he does nothing!

So I want to take over the project before he can sell it. I don't think he has copyrighted anything, but he did have a corporation set up at some point (not a LLC a cooperation, I thought that was weird?) but maybe he has let that fall apart idk... i doubt he has any other trademarks etc.

What I have done so far:
>bought new, but similar domain name
>started publishing all new content on my site
>downloaded all emails, from all accounts on the server to my HDD
>copied all mailing lists to my HDD
>changed the passwords on all the social media accounts

What I want to do next...
>delete his website and set redirect to mine
>change social media username to my brand
>inform all our partners that we are going a new direction

What do you think? Can he sue me because of this? We never has any contracts or agreements. Just some emails which outlined my fees and commissions. I'm not sure he even gives a fuck about this project anymore, but I am spending 4 hours a week on it.
>>
>>1621823
>Racist threads all over /biz/ about doing threads with blacks

> Caucasians an heroing their own businesses, and you want to play with the broken glass.

No disrespect towards you personally, but I'm definitely butthurt about the racism today.
>>
>>1621853
Fuck you nigger we don't like your kind here
>>
>>1621856
god damn we need another election so you go back to /pol/
>>
>>1621823
Where do you live (state if in US)?
Depending on local laws you can be sued for unfair competition and the likes.

if you post your location i can look up the local laws and give you more specific advise.

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer and this doesn't count as legal advice, please contact an attorney for case-specific advice.
>>
File: 20151201_171305_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151201_171305_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1621853
>Racist threads
is this a racist thread?

>>1622054
Well he lives in California, but I think the company was incorporated in Illinois.

I've been living in China for two year but I guess my residency is in Indiana. I don't know if that helps? I'm not sure what information is relevant here
>>
>>1621853
Dear god fucking Clinton making 4chan shittier than it already is by trying to bring CTR and news media here.

I hope the Don gets her for treason just for shitting up my Taiwanese Pong forum.

Nobody fucking cares how some thin-skinned shitskins feel about people being realist online. This thread isn't even about race, but you first-posted some bullshit racial angle into it. You know people dislike black people? This is why. It's not always about you! Dear God, just get the fuck over it. You can't be liked by everybody. Maybe if blacks weren't statistically the most criminal race in the US per capita by such a fuckhuge margin, drain the most welfare by as fuckhuge margin, abort the most children by a fuckhuge margin, etc, people would be more open minded to not creating the prototype in their mind that blacks are so undesirable in business/socially. Did you ever consider that, if it weren't for OTHER black people being troglodytes, there wouldn't be so much reactionary racism?
>>
>>1621880
it's 2016, racism is cool now
>>
File: 1478976977609.gif (426KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1478976977609.gif
426KB, 500x312px
>>1621823
No, I'm sorry to say, but I think this would be professional suicide.

I think you should have a talk with your partner/boss and see what he is thinking (but from what I'm gathering, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would even answer you straight anyways).
I feel bad in a way for people like that guy, who just decided to sit back and let other people do the work. But as for you anon, I think this would be a discussion that would haunt you for the rest of your life.
You have experience from this position, but when he sues you for what you're thinking about doing--you'll never be able to get a job because any future employer will never be able to fully trust you (if there is some kind of criminal charge put against you, than you're really screwed. But I have a feeling this would more than likely be a civil case of some kind, and a jury and judge would most likely not go in your favor).

I wouldn't put your eggs all in one basket and risk your future over trying to hijack the business you've been working so hard on.

I know it sounds like I'm fear mongering, but I want you to know that your plan is risking too much OP, it could make all the experience and work you did for the past four years worthless. Just trying to give you good and sound advice that your parents would give.
>>
>>1621823
Is your name on ANY of the legal paperwork officially stating you as partial owner/ partner/ having a % equity?
If not then you have no legal right to do any of this.
If you do then there may be a way around it, but you'll still be a sack of shit OP.
>>
>>1623009
This
>>
If you are his only worker and the value of the company depends on you, you could easily renegotiate.
>>
As a legalbro I would sue your ass a couple times the yearly revenue, as that's what his business is worth. And then advice my client to report you to the police after you're convicted in a civil case. But that's just me.
>>
>>1621823
>>1622935
I just looked it up and illinios has a trade secret act ,so if you plan to steal former clients you can be sued by your boss

(source: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=2239&ChapterID=62)

try to follow these guidelines

Limit your solicitations to those clients for whom you're the "sole and exclusive" firm contact--if you do most of the client's work but the client plays golf with your boss every week, you're not the "sole and exclusive" firm contact and should avoid soliciting that client.

Wait until after you leave the firm before sending any e-mail or written correspondence to those client with your new contact information.

Do not offer these clients any discounts or "deals" you wouldn't also give to someone who walks in off the street.

also never delete your company's mailing lists/client contact/etc...

Ttl;Dr:
Start contacting partners/clients after you have left

steal but don't delete bussines information

and try to talk about it with him first,maybe even buy it (you can get a loan for that if you don't have the capital)

aslong as you copy the bussines model and don't steal it,contact clients indepently and don't fuck over your boss u shoud be fine

feel free to contact me at [email protected]
for more information

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer and this doesn't count as legal advice, please contact an attorney for case-specific advice.
>>
>>1623009

Being this triggered on a Panamian armpit hair barbershop forum
>>
if he's selling why not buy it off him

durrr

otherwise what have you got to lose? other than a reasonable source of income and a friend. i mean all that could go down the drain but who cares

if he is and does sell then you move on, you have something on your resume and it looks impressive to say "thiss business i worked on has been sold"

tldr ur /g/ level of retarded.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161118-094745.jpg (308KB, 1307x690px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161118-094745.jpg
308KB, 1307x690px
>>1621856
Never change.
>>
>>1623009
MUTHERFUCKER YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL THOS IS A TIBETAN YAK HERDING FORUM YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID.
>>
>>1623564
Excuse me everyone knows it's a Hawaiian yodeling forum
>>
File: bono.jpg (310KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
bono.jpg
310KB, 1600x960px
>>1623210
>>1623215
>>1623055
Does it matter that he doesn't have any of his papers in order? For example, all the invoices always get paid to personal bank accounts. I don't THINK he ever reported any revenue for taxes

He has always paid me cash or paypal kind of thing...

I am going to keep going with my plan but change some key things...
>new logo fonts
>only contact people I was the sole contact with etc.
>Also I am going to reach out to him and see what he says.
>Definitely formally quite working with him in an email, even though we have no agreement standing right now at all.
>>
>>1621823

I'm not 100% sure what I'm reading here.

But If I'm correct then...

> Another guy opens a business
> He calls you a partner, but really you are an employee
> You have 0% equity in the business
> So if he sells it he gets everything and you get nothing

Well not trying so shit on you, but there is a big difference between being an employee and being a partner. A partner has a piece of the company, while an employee is just there for the paycheck. Sounds like you got kinda duped.

As for stealing the company. If you steal the property then yes he can sue you. If you start your own that is basically identical and make money that way, then that is fine as long as you didn't sign any non-compete or NDA, which you say you did not.

So, yeah start a new one and do your own thing. You can even steal clients. But depending on his email evidence, if you steal intellectual property you created together, yeah I think he could sue you.

You can also ask a lawyer, the first 5 minutes are free.
>>
File: 20151201_163455_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151201_163455_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1624881
Can i destroy the website i created for him and all the social media accounts?

I already started sabotaging the SEO
>>
>>1624941

I think so yeah, but not 100% sure. You should ask a lawyer.

Some more info, how much money is the company making per year? How much does the owner wanna sell it for?
>>
Say I work at Amazon and I take their email lists, their client info and I start my own company with domain name intended to trick people by making them think it's Amazon but actually it's Amazin. Biz seems to think this is legal.

Go for it.
>>
>bought new, but similar domain name
Legal.
>started publishing all new content on my site
Legal.
>downloaded all emails, from all accounts on the server to my HDD
Illegal.
>copied all mailing lists to my HDD
Illegal.
>changed the passwords on all the social media accounts
Illegal.
>delete his website and set redirect to mine
Illegal.
>change social media username to my brand
Illegal.
>inform all our partners that we are going a new direction
Illegal.

Most of these are illegal because you're damaging a company.

Sending emails without the people having given permission to your new company is unsolicited spam, illegal.

Yes, you would get raped in a lawsuit.
>>
File: 1458625455459.gif (498KB, 370x334px) Image search: [Google]
1458625455459.gif
498KB, 370x334px
>>1625064
>>1625060
>>1624951
But we're talking about a really small business that makes less than 10k a year (4-6k) the last two years...

I don't think he is going to actually sue me for this... I'm gonna call him tonight and discuss my concerns. But man we haven't even talked in 8 months. I've just been running the business.

He just responds to like one email a month randomly...

There are so many media partnership I would like to do, but I don't because I think... "Why would I build up this project I have no equity in?"
>>
>>1625105
>But we're talking about a really small business that makes less than 10k a year (4-6k)

Then if he sues the fine will only be around $50k or the potential profit for the next decade Plus your name will be poison for other companies if you ever want another job. Just do it.

If you have good ideas like you claim you should be able to start a company without doing illegal shit?

Why not offer him $10k and buy the shit company from him and do it all legally?
>>
>>1625163
>>1625163
well... because I don't have that kind of cash sitting around? I'm getting married, saving for that shit

I guess I need to figure out how to start my own similar project, without doing anything illegal.... it really seems like a fine-line, just based on the info from this thread.

But the big No-no's are:
>I cannot really fuck with existing website too much
>cannot use the existing contact lists/ email newsletter lists (this is BS people buy and sell this kind of info all the time, but i see why its illegal)
> I cannot use the existing twitter account
> and I cannot talk to previous partners, unless I was the sole point of contact
>>
>>1625305
its really such bull shit though because I did all of this myself.

I guess lesson learned for NEXT TIME..
>>
>>1625060

If you sign no nda or non compete then yes it would be legal to quit and start your own trade site
>>
>>1621823
You're an asset. He's going to sell you to the competitors as well, and retire on the proceeds.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.