[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your 27, white American with 500k, but you are not allowed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: dui.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
dui.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
What do you do?
(No working means, you can't get hired anywhere except burger king or 7-11, no promotions either)
You are allowed to start a business, buy stock, coins whatever, or just travel and do coke and bang slavic sluts, or join a church and go to a uni.

What do you do, and what will you do in 10 years?
>>
>>1621818
I would invest my $500k and go to university then
>>
I'm in a shocking similar situation.

-inherited 330k post tax from owning 1% of my uncles company (thanks grandpa!)

- Chronic back/general health issues have me on bed rest

It's chill so far. My lifestyle is cheap (bout 2k a month) meanig I spend 30k tops a year.

Just on that I'm set to be a lazy shitposting NEET for a decade.

But them I'm an avid investor which has made for quite the week for me. Instead of strait up betting on Trump/Hillary I placed 20k in both Us Steel (Trump) and Smith and Wesson (Hillary). Well Trump won and while I'm down about two grand on guns I'm up NINE THOUSAND on steel alone!

Add that to the general market bounce and I'm up 14K since September. It's somewhat aggressive but my goal is to always keep my income above 300-320k meaning I need to clear a 10% return a year.

Someone once mentoned here that the least fair thing in the world is that when you're poor you work and work and work just to stay alive, but the all you need to do is get a pile of money ONCE, and if you handle that money correctly, it will miltiply itself while you sleep and smoke pot all day.
>>
going to university seems like a waste
I made decent money by just saying I had a 4 year degree.

i cant get into nursing school with a misdemeanor, and I know im not smart enough to be a good design engineer.
>>
Is realtor a meme job?
>>
> open brokerage with Vanguard or Schwab
> invest all of it into VTSAX or SCHB
> never work again, live off the $20k/yr you get at a 4% safe withdrawal rate
>>
>>1621821
This is stupid. You still won't be able to get a decent job with a 10 year blank space on your resume at age 37 regardless of what uni you have.

Build a business in something you're interested in, $500k is a lot.
>>
> open brokerage with Vanguard or Schwab
> invest all of it into VTSAX or SCHB
> never work again, live off the $20k/yr you get at a 4% safe withdrawal rate

family does not approve
>>
>>1622078
Convince them it's a great idea and very safe. Then try to do some freelancing.

If you had the right skill set you could use a portion of it as a down payment on a business and leave the rest for reserves. Local businesses can yield 20-30% if you're smart.
>>
Are you guys using 'your' now unironically?
>>
Well im not smart, that's why I was thinking of McDonalds or real estate rentals.
>>
like like neet those 10 years while learning useful skills like programming,web design,editing or something similar so after ten years of learning i could get a freelance job,earn experience and get a better job
>>
>>1622150
don't you mean ironically or are you using unironically incorrectly on purpose?
>>
where do you even start to learn web programming, i have been to my local colleges, and there classes are unbearable, teachers don't teach in english and I dont learn anything that I can transfer into a decent career above 20 an hour.

I might just not be a student type, or a programming type
>>
>>1621818
If you don't have an education - go to uni, and start a business/businesses on the side.
>>
>>1621842
Good bet man
>>
>>1622175
Look at udemy.
You need to learn a framework and not just be JS frontend monkey. Look in Play Framework 2 or Sprint for example.
>>
Thanks
>>1622175
What would the courses be called at a community college, or CSU?
Is udemy better than coursera?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.