[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kickstarter = Free Money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1472257524156.png (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472257524156.png
136KB, 500x500px
Is Kickstarter free money?

If you look at the types of projects being funded on Kickstarter, you see that most of them are shitty products that look cool. Literally scamming retards into funding your memes.

So if you can "trick" people into funding you, all you have to do is give out the rewards you promised. So if you promise to reward different levels of funding with a higher number of the product, then you just give them a shitty prototype, they can't do anything.

Why isn't everyone doing this?
>>
>>1621741
>Why isn't everyone doing this?

What makes you think we aren't?
>>
>>1621750
link your kickstarter you fucking roleplayer
>>
>>1621751
>Dude out your kickstarter as a scam on a Cambodian Noodleslurping Discovery board

How about no my man?
>>
>>1621741
Ive always wondered how you handle the money tax wise if you dont have a business.

Any time I look it up, it seems like its still a pretty grey area.
>>
>>1621762
it's considered income, so it is taxes as such unfortunately

>>1621753
there would be no proof that its yours, so the project would be safe
>>
>>1621788
But can you make that much income without having to file as a business? Its not like they give you a W-2, and its definitely too much to be considered a hobby (payroll taxes start at $300)
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>1621741
Because Patreon is literally that without the effort
>>
>>1621741
Because people like to have decency and to live in a trust based society so if they have another idea they love they can share it with their customers and everybody can be better off I mean for fucks sake learn to be a decent human being
>>
>>1623646
How is Patreon not the same amount of effort?

Arguably it's MORE effort because you have to continually trick people rather than being a one-off
>>
>>1623663
>Decent human being
>/biz

You're on the wrong board
>>
>>1623646
This.

I love how the vidya-game let's play bullshit still works how it has for years with only a few changes
> get a few retards to follow you on twitch by targetting a niche game without much popular representation to normies, like dwarf fortress or other autismo-tier game
> attract more retards that are fans of the game, /v/ and /vg/ on any chan being great recruiting points
> use said retards to snowball into more of their retard hype-beast friends by offering free shit or child-tier rewards like a mention or some cheap gamer shit on your stream

if you play your cards right to this point, you should have a couple hundred twitch followers (not hard to do with some effort) and you're ready to start the Patraeon

> now you start offering the most addicting thing out there for autismo audiences: gambling
> have them buy in for raffles from your channel
> just make sure you aim low for the first few, offer some cheap $50 gaming headsets or such for a $5 raffle buy in
> first few times you lose some money, but still make back usually half or more of the cost
> repeat these until you start making a small profit off of these """"donation"""" raffles, all while expanding your stream to other games, preferably with niche crowds to draw in more of the unloved masses
> now you have growing numbers of viewers, hopefully subscribers, and most important of all: Jewish teenagers who like to spend money on the internet buying into your raffles that start offering progressively nicer things

And that's the point I'm at now, running with a 4 days a week schedule of streaming, blocked out in my schedule just like I have work and university. Probably making ~$300 a week in extra income right now from patreon donations to ""keep the show running"" and then spikes of a couple hundred dollars now that I have a few dozen consistent buy-ins with every raffle that I host.

Only capital investment was for a good computer, connection, etc. and the donations pay it
>>
File: 1477434734953.jpg (854KB, 1280x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1477434734953.jpg
854KB, 1280x1912px
>>1623696
thank u anon
>>
Bumping threads I'm interested in
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.