[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0444.jpg (299KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
299KB, 2000x1000px
Is it what you learn or is your degree status which makes you valuable ?
>>
File: completely false.jpg (245KB, 747x676px) Image search: [Google]
completely false.jpg
245KB, 747x676px
>>1617442
Both.
>>
File: completely_false1.jpg (294KB, 914x685px) Image search: [Google]
completely_false1.jpg
294KB, 914x685px
>>1617447
If you learn a lot but don't finish your degree it's hard to get employment since you seem riskier for HR.
>>
File: completely false2.jpg (269KB, 916x681px) Image search: [Google]
completely false2.jpg
269KB, 916x681px
>>1617450
And some positions are almost impossible to get. This gets worse the more regulated and formalized your employment is.
>>
File: completely_false4.jpg (292KB, 916x685px) Image search: [Google]
completely_false4.jpg
292KB, 916x685px
>>1617442
>Is it what you learn or is your degree status which makes you valuable ?
Depends also on how you define "valuable".
As a medical dropout, you could be worthless for a hospital but worth a million bucks to some people in the jungle.
>>
>>1617457
Valuable in case of do you need college to earn 100k+ annually
>>
File: completely false5.jpg (292KB, 918x682px) Image search: [Google]
completely false5.jpg
292KB, 918x682px
>>1617457
At the end what you learn is what should ultimately bring value to the corporation/institution you work for...
>>
File: summary.jpg (218KB, 913x679px) Image search: [Google]
summary.jpg
218KB, 913x679px
>>1617464
but your degree status is used as a filter/qualifier to seriously get your foot in the door.
>>
>>1617471
can you do shit with a high school diploma ?
>>
>>1617479
buy kneepads
>>
>>1617442
Here is my anecdote. I never got a degree and it's always been a problem.
Whenever I apply to jobs many times I get filtered out for not being qualified. Iif I dont get immediately filtered out usually during the interview with the hr drones who dont even know the job they just have their checklist of buzzwords and things go well right up until they ask about my degree and then when I tell them I dont have one the interview abruptly changes tone to where they are just rushing through the routine motions to get it over with. It's almost as if they overlooked or didnt notice I dont have a degree listed on my resume?
Everytime I bypass the drones by being introduced or recommended by friends or family I'll get an interview with someone who actually knows the job, not just some clueless HR drone, but they tell me that while they are very impressed by me they but are not able to hire me without a degree but they would be happy to hire me as soon as I get a degree.
>>
>>1617479
you can go to college
>>
>>1617479
you can make 50K a year doing software engineering if you can actually dedicate yourself to the field.

just find something you love and go all in.
>>
>>1617796
>>1617796
Yes i could but i'm a NEET for 2 years since i made my high school diploma,

i don't know in which direction i wanna go

i wanna do real estate today and wanna be a trade tomorrow i don't even know what to do it changes every day
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.