[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpaid internship vs seasonal work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 480x270px
There's an unpaid internship, 5 days a week and not paid 9-5. They won't budge on giving me transportation or food

Should I accept it or should I apply to seasonal work at retail stores for Christmas?

I live in NY btw. Graduated a year ago, struggled because no offers
>>
File: 1232415481.jpg (76KB, 610x416px) Image search: [Google]
1232415481.jpg
76KB, 610x416px
>unpaid internship
>>
>>1616982
So what's the answer here?
>>
>>1617000
I think he's saying, "Stop supporting unpaid internships, you fucking cuck."
What company is it anyway? Are they making tons of profit? Have you asked them if any previous interns still work for them? What will they teach you and how are they going to do it without you interrupting their work? Are you just going to be the coffee boy?
>>
>>1616975
yes, fucking do it.

its a fucking fulltime position that is not an internship.

Once you work for a month, fucking sue them for illeglally hiring interns.

and internship is only legal if you're learning shit like in a class
>>
>>1617029
Tech focused B2C platform

They're making enough for the 5 folks working there to take most of the money and interns getting Jack shit

None of the previous interns are working there anymore, except the engineer

Not coffee boy, I'll be responsible for "researching their markets and search for folks to cold call up and board on their system of partnerships"

Sounds bland but it's all I got offered.
>>
File: 1449260074474.jpg (32KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1449260074474.jpg
32KB, 501x585px
>>1617170
You're getting used. Hard.
>>
>>1617170
I'd rather be paid to do something I hate than not at all. Fuck that shit, go work at McDonalds.
>>
>>1617170
> all i got offered
You need to apply other places then.
>>
>>1617214
>>1617210
>>1617191
Thanks anons. It sounds bland as shit and again, it's the only tech place that offered me something.

I know I should've listened to my instincts and applied for seasonal retail jobs. I'll do that now, thanks again
>>
>>1616975
Just get a entry level position in manufacturing and work hard for a living
>>
>>1617247
>thinking low skilled labor will get him anywhere.

I'd rather be unpaid and living with my parents if it means my job prospects are improved 10x.
>>
>>1616975
Only do an unpaid internship if it's at a reputable firm.

If you do an unpaid internship at Joe's accounting firm, you have absolutely nothing to show for it at the end. However, an unpaid @ UBS or a large commerical real estate/law firm will be a huge boost to your resume.
>>
>>1617252
I worked my way up and make 75k a year in manufacturing, started as a lowly assembly worker now I'm a project manager in the office, it all just depends on how hard you work and how long you've been there
>>
>>1617255
>reputable firm

So like the others said, unpaid internships at startups like these in which they want to use me isn't a good idea, right?
>>
>>1617261
Yes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.