[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Air Vent/Duct Cleaning Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: front-duct.jpg (23KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
front-duct.jpg
23KB, 400x268px
Hey /biz/, I wanted to ask your guys opinion on air duct cleaning. and if its even a slightly viable business? I've been getting a few job notifications from companies saying they're hiring workers. I doubt the ones I've seen in my job feeds are viable because they ask for $400 and claim they will reimburse you when you work for them.

Anyways, I was thinking of buying my own equipment and work for myself ,as I already have most of the tools such as ladders and powertool, all I need is the actual cleaning equipment and all I want to know is before I waste a few hundred (or even thousand) dollars if I can make even a decent amount off of it, even as a side job.
>>
>>1616817
> they ask for $400
Yeah, don't do that. It's a scam.

As far as your business goes, I'd say go for it. From what you've told me you seem to have everything in order. Consider taking out a small loan to use what you can. It's better than working for someone else anyday.
>>
>>1616817
it didn't work in my rural area.
It's one of those things nobody really NEEDS, so you wind up cold calling innocent strangers and lying to them about how useful your service is.

you'd do better with a carpet cleaning company, at least that's a useful service.
>>
>>1616817

Do it.

Not many homeowners know you have to get the vents cleaned every once in a while. I had no idea until I saw an ad for a service in those annoying Valpak mailers.
>>
>>1616817
business that solely specializes in duct cleaning is useless
here companies that do office/home cleaning will usually have a service to clean your ducts
>>
So from what I'm seeing, if I do venture into air duct cleaning, then i should combine it with another service. I'll also look into carpet clearning. thanks for the feedback /biz/.
>>
>>1617322
Chimney Sweep, Kitchen Duct work will pay off well as well mate. Just be careful in the Winter as to not fall off a roof.
>>
>>1617322
I've done both if you have any questions.

I made money on carpet cleaning, I doubt I broke even on duct cleaning.

neither one was as lucrative as straight office cleaning, so I gave both of them up. Now I sub out my carpet, upholstery and duct work. I have all the equipment to do it myself, I just don't care to do work that pays less than my usual. I also usually sub out window cleaning. The pay on that is good but it's a lot of work and it doesn't happen often so I just hire other companies to come in and do it.
>>
>>1617322
the biggest problem you'll run into with carpet cleaning in most places is paying for a heated garage to store your machines in.

you can't let that stuff freeze, the plumbing and pumps are way too expensive to leave out in the winter. It costs a shitload to heat a garage just for your extractors.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.