[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose I have a source of untaxed income, but I feel no need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Suppose I have a source of untaxed income, but I feel no need to declare it in any form. I live very comfortably and discreetly with transactions under $5000.

Under the circumstances, how do I keep my savings safe from inflation, or Modi-like fucking with the cash system?
>>
Country?

Realistically, there's probably no way to do that and any inflation losses will probably be offset by the saving through tax evasion.
>>
>>1616095
I really doubt you have enough money to actually feel the effects of short-term inflation. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>1616097
I'm sort of nomadic, but usually based in Europe.
I don't see it that way. Tax was never a part of the plan, so there is no offset in my mind.

>>1616100
I'm not going to earn money for my entire life. I'd rather not have a crack in my nestegg.
>>
>>1616095
buy a grill and diamonds nigga
>>
>>1616104
Well you will have to be earning something on that money to beat inflation. So unless you invest it somehow, you are at the mercy of forces outside your control.
>>
>>1616112
I'm considering a few crates of Bordeaux, cognac, mechanical watches, that sort of thing. Don't things traditionally respected for their age gain in value?
>>
>>1616095

>how do I keep my savings safe from inflation

You don't as its not possible. Anything you do has a very high risk. There are millions of people and trillions of $ trying to find the same unicorn hence the bubbles flowing through the system.

But you will still try so real estate, precious metals, antiques or collectables are your options

.>>1616147

Fads and tastes change. Are the new Europeans interested in fine wine?
>>
>>1616206
If you're implying that Muslims are a bad demographic for wine, then let me remind you that they are a bad demographic for everything except prayer mats.
>>
>>1616095

Do you benefit from roads, sidewalks, street lamps, sewers, police, fire dept, healthcare, or public schools?

Pay your taxes you selfish fuck.
>>
>>1616710
To which country? The one I summer in, or the one I winter in? I'm not a citizen or permanent resident of either.
>>
>>1616095
The INTERPOL has already been tipped. Have fun in prison, faggot.
>>
>>1616095

Gold
Silver
Jewelry
Gold and silver utensils
Gemstones, smaller value ones since diamonds are too risque
Canned food (for the happening)
Narcotics, preferably the ones with long shelf-lives
Bitcoins
Swiss Frank (always the strongest currency in the world)
Vinyl records, semi-rare to rare editions
Comic books, semi-rare to rare editions
>>
>>1616762
Well, shit
Time to go off grid
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.