[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marketing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What the Hell could you possibly learn about marketing? It seems like a useless major. I bought a book on it and everything said seemed useless and obvious.
>>
Going to school for anything outside of medicine or law is usually a waste of money.

There's a lot to know in marketing. But I'll spare the details. I doubt you care. But if you're a marketing know-it-all, what have you achieved in the field? Oh wait...
>>
>>1615416
I actually want to get a business degree or coding one.
>There's a lot to know in marketing. But I'll spare the details
No, I posted this thread because I wanted to know what there is to learn. I actually find it interesting. Sorry if I came off too pessimistic.
>>
>>1615410
I'm in Digital Marketing.

It's all about investing in different channels and mathing out which one gets you the best return, and min/maxing and optimizing everything.

There's also a heavy creative element to it, lots of illustrator/photoshop/html/css/etc.

Your goals are to generate brand awareness, generate leads/demand (find people who may be interested in buying your company's products, and increase their interest), capture these leads (get them into your database so you can continue to market and sell to them), and of course analyze the results and optimize for the future.

The marketing textbooks give a good explanation of the what, but not the how. Figuring out ROI and performing multivariate tests are important, but you won't learn how to manage a marketing automation platform or CRM in college (as far as I know, been a few years.)

You can get into entry level digital marketing with just a business degree and some basic work experience (I had only worked at a grocery store + office depot). It helps if you can bullshit about social media and stuff a bit. To your future bosses, marketing is money in > money out. You are there to make the best use of their budget and make money for the company on a macro scale. Keep that in mind.

Entry level digital marketers in my area, who might just manage adwords campaigns, google analytics, SEO, email marketing and stuff like that, can make around $60k-90k starting out. I'm 3 years in making $150k at age 25.
>>
>>1615516
You must live in the bay area.
>>
>>1615410
>I bought a book
Given the pic, I'm assuming you bought a shitty book. Read real shit. Enjoy:
https://mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
>>
>>1615516
Where I live, entry level digital marketing people make like $30-35k. This is the Chicago area.
>>
>>1615536
That's correct.
>>
>>1615516
any advice on traffic sources and affiliate networks?
>>
>>1616323
Pick 1 traffic source and stick with it. Whether it's FB ads, Adwords, Bing Adcenter, juciyads, etc. doesn't matter.

Master 1 traffic source and change your ads to make it work, rather than jumping from one traffic source to the next.

For affiliate networks... Find what your what to promote (offervault.com), join the network with best payout. Some people join multiple networks so they can split test the same offer on multiple networks. They do this to see which network shaves more. But it really depends on what niche you want to promote in. Some networks specialize in adult offers, health, bizop, rebill,etc.
Join a few, most are easy to get in. Peerfly, Clickbank, CommissionJunction, MaxBounty to name a few.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.