[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delivery time: Dropship vs Wholesale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: think.png (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
think.png
75KB, 600x600px
Hi biz plan to sell some products sourced from China from suppliers such as aliexpress

However, my country is a very far distance from China, and buying anything usually takes weeks to arrive

Should I individually invest in an inventory in order to provide quick delivery to customers in my country, it's pretty reasonable to assume they will get pissed if their items takes 2 weeks to arrive.

Has anybody else faced this situation before?
>>
>>1614312
Pretty stupidly simple question even for /biz/ standards. I'll humor you for the sake of it though.

1 AliExpress is not a supplier. It's a distributor like what youre trying to be. If your customer can buy what youre selling for less on AliExpress youre ducked.

Sure, you can dostribute faster(allegedly) but unless you're selling toilet paper theyre going to wait a week rather than biy it from you for more Cash
>>
your idea will fail

saturated as fugg
>>
>>1614312
I tried dropshipping. You have to be able to sell your products for more than what you pay for them + the cost of advertising/website/whatever+shipping.

I found that shipping costs are totally unpredictable from China, so it's hard to math it out properly.

If I were going to do it again, I'd buy something small (sizewize) in bulk/wholesale, so that I'd know the shipping cost up front and earn a more sizable profit from each sale. The risk is that if you buy a bunch of shit and then can't sell it, you're hosed. Also you have to go to the post office and ship it yourself.

It's not a very fun business to run either way. With dropshipping I was able to automate all of it, but it just didn't make that much money (like a couple hundred a month at max). Buying wholesale would let me make more money but require a lot of manual work, which defeats the purpose, since this was a side project from my day job.

Maybe wholesale + amazon fulfillment? I haven't found a winning recipe yet.
>>
>>1615021
How would one go about sourcing a supplier? Just curious because my mate recently started a business selling clothing along a certain style and he's doing the dropshipping thing.
>>
Normal people in my country don't have the slightest clue about what aliexpress is or ever even considered the prospect you can buy cheaply from China, so I think I have an advantage there.

I am only going to target and market to a specific niche which I think would work, and considering wholesale is quite cheap I might aswell utilise that and markup in order to omit any defected items aswell as making a profit.

Wholesale it is I guess
>>
>you either sell a low demand item with no competition or a high demand item with a fuck ton of competition
you break even on this shit at best, right?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.