[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open Borders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 34895778935.jpg (81KB, 904x326px) Image search: [Google]
34895778935.jpg
81KB, 904x326px
Is he right /biz/? Should we just get rid off all borders so that people can immigrate freely to compete for jobs because of the perceived benefits of increasing wage growth and GDP?
>>
>>1612491
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>1612497
What does our lord and savior have anything to do with open borders?
>>
>>1612491
What the fuck? Is this person retarded?

Simple supply and demand

labor supply v work to be done

Larger labor supply means less demand for labor means lower wages.

That's why events like the black plague and world war I and II are generally followed by a breif period of prosperity. The same amount of wealth shared by a smaller labir pool until they mishandle it and fuck everything up again.

Open borders only benefit "the 1%" that has all the money, employs the population, and owns all the land because then they don't have to listen to any of their worker's demands. Open borders is so fucking far in opposition to neoliberalism and core liberal principles that it's fucking baffling to me that people like this exist.
>>
>>1612497
Seconded.
>>
I agree with the liberal if you are soley talking about the price of the SP 500. The SP 500 benefits from open borders, due to the fact that it creates more customers.

As for people's wages I disagree.

I like mexicans, but I hate the fact they are willing to work for little money, affirmative action in government jobs, and a need to speak spanish instead of english.
>>
>>1612525
>so fucking far in opposition to neoliberalism

I think you're getting confused with protectionism which is in opposition to neoliberalism. Open borders is one of the core tenets of neoliberalism and liberalism in general that the elite want to enact globally.
>>
>any economic argument in support of or against any amount or type of immigration

It's a nation, not a shopping mall.

If you let anyone in, you do it because they are compatible with your lineage, ethos, and culture, not because they are cheap labor or they are "high-skill".
>>
>>1612491
Everyone but populist retards agree that's it's good.
>>
>>1612491
Can you please supply the URLs that irondeepbicycle hyperlinked to? I'd be interested to see what the counterintuitive conclusions of the "recent work" are based on.
>>
>>1612709
>Most people are against open borders
>>
Yes. The only problem with open borders is the welfare state and socialized government services. If people just came here to work and contribute to society that would be fine, but thats not the case now and probably wont be for the forseeable future.

So until you get rid of gibsmedat, you can't have open borders.
>>
>>1612491
it probably would be good economically, eventually

but there are more important things than simply having the best economy, do you want open immigration from parts of Africa where they have no care for human life and rape and murder en masse? Or mass migration from middle eastern countries where they kick gay people from roofs to their deaths and treat women like second class citizens?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.